Monday, October 17, 2016

My Other Creations: Vellum Gift Bag Using We R Memory Keepers' Typewriter

I think we've clearly established that I am a lifelong geek for anything literature or library-related, so I decided to make a writing-themed vellum bag when I saw that this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge theme was to make a treat box or bag.  Treats in this case are a pen, a bookmark and some yummy little chocolates.


http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
I started by wondering, "Can I type on vellum?"  The answer was a resounding YES!  I was worried the ink might smudge, but it stayed put on the vellum just fine.  I used the We R Memory Keepers typewriter to pound out one of my favorite writing quotes on the front of the vellum bag.

*Side note: curious about the We R Typewriter?  I did a full product review here when I borrowed one to play with before they were available through Simon.*


Next up, I sewed the bag together using a sewing machine and made the bookmark to go inside of it.  I also added a pen and had some chocolates on hand to round out this project.  Here it is before I assembled it:


Give me a typewriter and some chocolate and I'm a happy camper any day!  I enjoyed this project and loved the supplies I used, which you can find at Simon Says Stamp.




'Tis the season for all things treat-related, so I am excited to see what you come up with!  Upload your creations to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog for your chance to win a $50 voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store!

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
https://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

14 comments:

  1. Love this Andrea!! I am so wishing we hadn't thrown out our old typewriter, but I guess that just means that I can buy a new one!! ;-) the whole design of this is brilliant! :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Andrea! Love the vellum bag with the peeks inside at the treats! So cool how you typed it...how do you like the WeR Memory Keepers typewriter? I keep looking at it :) Totally sweet treat for a person who loves to read! Maura xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That sentiment is deep! Love the design of this project :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Came over... and I spy a little piece of history! :)
    What a great gift bag idea.
    Guess what I just scored: old typewriter paper! I'll send you some... fun for anyone who loves paper and office supplies... I kind of guess you do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great! You always have so creative ideas I would never think about. Hugs, Marzena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow.. this is such a fun and creative project! Andrea. I used to have a typewriter in high school. Love your review and this gift bag is awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Wow! Vellum and stitching and your typewriter! Oh and chocolate too....Heaven! This is just fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Typewriter! Library checkout card! Vellum! Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is this true? A typewriter? Incredible ... I just bought an old one last year at the local fleamarket because I LOVE the look. Unbelievable that scrap companies discover this old treasure once more *gg* btw: Lovely gift bag and thanks for inspiration :)
    best wishes, Irmgard

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so fun, Andrea! The typewriter is so fun! I love the nostalgicness of it! How cool that you can use vellum in it! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your creative mind never stop to invent something new! Love this work, it's fantastic as always! I adore your use of Vellum and the typewriter...fabulous!Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow wow wow...you never fail to come up with something out of this world...who knew you could type on vellum...you are one clever cookie...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a great sentiment on this wonderful little treat bag, it's absolutely perfect Andrea and as always, I adore your inspiring ideas! :)

    ReplyDelete