Monday, November 28, 2016

My Cards and Tags: Tree Tags Using Taylored Expressions' Build a Tag 3 Set

"O Christmas Tree" is this week's festive theme at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog.  I made some tree-tastic tags:


I started by cutting the tag shape with Taylored Expressions' Build a Tag 3 die set.  I stamped circles on them with Memento Luxe Gray Flannel ink and Tim Holtz's Halftone and Rings stamp set.


Next I colored in some of the circles using Distress Ink and a sponge.  I added some scraps of vintage paper from Simon Says Stamp.


I finger-painted on a random layer of Dina Wakley's white acrylic paint.


While the paint dried, I worked on my trees.  I used Tim Holtz's Petal Drop Die to create the triangle shape (I cut off the rounded end), then I inked the triangle green.  I ran it through a paper crimper, then wrapped turquoise yarn around it.


I used Ranger Jet Black Archival ink to stamp on the "Fa, la, la" sentiment from Prima's Sweet Peppermint stamp set and outlined the edges of the tags with a black sharpie pen.



I adhered the trees and finished off the tags with embellishments from Tim Holtz.  I added Doodlebug Chunky Twine to the tops of the tags.




These tags were relatively quick and easy to make, which a must during the holidays!  Here are the supplies I used, which you can find at Simon Says Stamp:



I can't wait to see how you interpret this week's theme!  Be sure to upload your creations to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog for your chance to win a $50 to the Simon Says Stamp store!

15 comments:

  1. I LOVE the corrugated trees with the fuzzy garland and you always have the prettiest colors on your projects. Love them!!!

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous tags Andrea!! I love how you used the petal drop die!! What a brilliant idea!! The whole design of these is gorgeous and very clever 😍

    Luv
    Lols X X X

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Oh what fun it is to see Andrea's tags tonight..."
    True to form, fun work that really worked your crafting toolbox!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fresh, FUN and fabulous! I love those crimped trees and of course your amazing colors! May have to 'borrow' their design for the Challenge, wink, wink! Merry Merry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to touch the fuzzy parts! LOVE these artsy trees. PINNED!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in love with your fuzzy trees Andrea and can't stop singing...Fa La La La La La La...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way you create! You always make fantastic and inspiring projects! Love these trees!

    Hugs, Zoey

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love your jolly, lighthearted tree tags - it's always such a delight to visit here, and I always go away uplifted by the spontaneity of your ideas and your rainbow of colours. I know I must have missed other treats here, but I'm looking forward to some proper catching-up time over the festive season.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw these at Simon Says and I just had to visit your blog to let you know how much I **love** them!! Thank you for the inspiration and for the step-by-step instructions too - I hope to make something similar for my Christmas parcels this year. Have a fabulous weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh... I love these cute tags! Andrea. The use of mixed materials and the colors are brilliant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooo, these are just wonderful Andrea! I adore how you use colour and the contemporary feel of the projects is so refreshing to see....just wonderful work as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your tags, Andrea! Always cool to see ways to use up cardboard from all the boxes that seem to come in these days. Your bright colors always make me happy, and that fuzzy yarn just makes me want to reach out and touch them :) xx Maura

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the stamped backgrounds and the fresh colors you added to them. Lovely trees and the book page pieces. The fabric numbers are so perfect touch! Hugs, Marzena

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's always a feast for my eyes when I see your work! Love so much how you use Sizzix Petal drop, it's versatile! Now it's in my wish list! I adore your idea to paint with sponge and distress the circle! Genius!Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such fabulous tags, Andrea! Love the trees! They are so fun! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete