Monday, November 14, 2016

My Other Creations: Gratitude Journal

This week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge theme is Thanksgiving/Giving Thanks/Thankfulness in general!  Can't argue with that!  I decided to make a gratitude journal where I could record all the big and little things I'm thankful for.


http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
I started with Strathmore Mixed Media paper, then I traced and punched holes that lined up with the store-bought notebook I was going to re-cover.  Then I stamped some images (from Carabelle Studio and Simon Says Stamp) and added a strip of polka dot patterned paper.


I colored the background with sponges and Distress Ink and added some tree images (Paper Artsy) that I fussy-cut.


I added a strip of polka-dot Washi tape, then a layer of white acrylic paint over everything and also added some lime green paint around the edges.


I finished it off with the "Thankful" sentiment and patterned-paper circles (Reverse Confetti) on the cover.  I found a perfect stamp, too, that said, "I believe in gratitude" (Paper Artsy), which I stamped on with Ranger Jet Black Archival ink.  I added some brackets to the top and bottom with diagonal striped paper.  I had made slits next to the punch holes, so I popped this on top of the notebook and glued it down as the new cover.  Then I added some tabs to the pages and this journal was done!

Here are the supplies I used, which you can find at Simon Says Stamp:



I can't wait to see how you interpret our challenge theme this week!  Upload your creative masterpieces to our Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog for your chance to win the $50 voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store!
https://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

https://www.simonsaysstamp.com/
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/

19 comments:

  1. LOVE this Andrea! the colours and whole design of this is absolutely gorgeous and such a lovely idea too :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has the most positive vibe! I think my teenage granddaughters would just love something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your thankful journal. You always achieve gorgeous bright colors. Beautiful!

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea for a gratitude journal. Love the bright colors...so special and will be great to look back on in the coming years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very inspiring! Someday I am going to sit down and try something like this....not sure it will actually work from my craft room though lol maybe in 2017. Your colors are always so beautiful and just perfect really! Loving the idea of a Gratitude Journal! FABulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a pretty journal-love the color and image choices!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a gorgeous journal Andrea...I now need that Carabelle stamp...you naughty enabler and love how you used Kim's stamps...beautiful colours as always...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely, Andrea! It's cool to see it in stages :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work Andrea! love this journal, Carabelle stamps are really wonderful and perfect for your style!The whole design of your project is fabulous! barbara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just terrific. Can't believe how prefect the brackets fit (unless you custom-made them), and the outlined text looks perfect. And you are very mentally healthy to do this-- I read something recently that recommended a gratitude journal to promote well-being! 🖒

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty Andrea! Such a cute little journal and a great idea. Love how you built up the cover with different layers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's another cute project of yours! I am waiting impatiently every Monday to see what you surprise me with this time :-) I love your crazy style with fresh colors, messy patterns and so creative ideas that wouldn't even pass through my mind. Love this cover a lot and the red spring is a great finish! Hugs, Marzena!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Andrea, this is another fabulous project packed full of wonderful layers of beautiful colours and detail...it's gorgeous and a great way to showcase all those lovely stamps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your gorgeous colors on this oh, so sweet mini album! Andrea, you rock! The red binding adds a totally fun touch and I love those tree stamps. What a great idea with the layering and then the paint brushing over it. It is so fun and colorful, it would be a joy to use this to jot things down. hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a beautiful project, Andrea. The texture and colors you creation are super lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is funky fun, bright & beautiful, super sweet and ohhhh, sooo, cool, Andrea! I love it. Thanks for visiting my blog and sharing your gift of encouragement and wonderful wordsmithery with me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so amazing, Andrea! I love your signature style of color use and the whimsical touch! I got that carabelle too, thanks for the inspiration!! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete