Wednesday, August 30, 2017

My Cards and Tags: Textured Tags Using Whimsy Stamps' "You Are" Stamp Set

What a treat it's been to be a Special Guest Designer at Whimsy Stamps this month.  I've got to say that the people I worked with there have been nothing short of A-MA-ZING and the products have been a lot of fun.  Here's a tag duo I made with Whimsy's stamps, dies and some Brushos crystals.



I started by stenciling some splotches onto these fabulous tags I cut with Whimsy Stamps' Stitched Tags die set.  I outlined the splotches with a Sharpie to give them more definition.



Next came some color magic as I added Brushos crystals and sprayed the tags with water. After the tags dried, I stamped them with black stitches from Whimsy's "In Stitches" stamp set.



Next I used Whimsy Stamps' Honeycomb Pattern die to add some texture to my tags.  Then I painted over the honeycomb with acrylic paint.



I wanted more color, so I added acrylic paint in different shades.



I finished off my tags by adding a little more white acrylic paint, letting it dry, then stamping the tags with some great sentiment words from Whimsy Stamps' "You Are" stamp set.  I added a little tag to the top (also from the Stitched Dies set) that I cut out of a Bingo card.  I twisted some wire to make hooks and these tags were done.



Here are the supplies I used that you can find at Whimsy Stamps.
"You Are" stamp set

"In Stitches" stamp set

Stitched Tag dies

Honeycomb Pattern die



5 comments:

  1. These are awesome, Andrea! I love the bright colors, and I thought you had sewed them until I read they were stamps - very cool! I love that honeycomb die, it really adds wonderful texture. Congrats on being a guest designer with Whimsy, that is so cool! hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous tags Andrea- and outlining the splatters-genius!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drooling over these projects...GORGEOUS! Thank you for yet another wonderful post as our SUPER SPECIAL Whimsy Stamps guest designer we're so excited to have you Andrea! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another set of AMAZING tags Andrea! I love your style with the bold cheerful colors. And you made our honeycomb die pop against the tags. Love the stitched details too from the stamps. Thank you SO very much for joining in as a GDT again, love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Andrea- back again to let you know that thanks to you I ordered that Stitches stamp set:):):)

    ReplyDelete