We've made it to another Monday and it is a sweltering one here in my neck of the woods. I hope you're all surviving in whatever summer conditions you're living in at the moment! Stay where it's comfortable and keep being crafty. After all, we have a great theme this week over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge of "add some text". I decided to make earrings that say, when put together, "one you." It was meant to remind me that each one of us is unique and one-of-a-kind, even though we can strengthen each other through shared experiences.
I started with some pieces of thin metal that I painted, then cut into rectangular shapes. I stuck some AALL & Create washi tape to the top half of the rectangles.
Next I colored some blue and green stripes onto white paper using Distress Watercolor Pencils. I glued the striped paper to the bottom of the rectangles.
I added some paint to my rectangles, then I got out some white beads and colored them with alcohol ink in shades of yellow and green.
I used Tim Holtz's Multi Collage Eclectic Elements cloth to cut out some numbers. Then I sewed the numbers to some Odile Bailloeul Festival fabric.
I stuck my fabric scraps onto Tim Holtz's loop pins. With my fabric scraps ready, I stamped "one" and "you" (from a Simon Birthday Greetings stamp set) onto paper, cut out the words, and glued those to the rectangles. I added more paint to my metal rectangles and punched some holes out of the rectangles with my Crop-A-Dile. I loaded some beads onto more loop pins, added a few last beads and these earrings were finished!
Here are the supplies I used that you can find at Simon Says Stamp:
- AALL & Create: Power Words Washi Tape
- Distress Watercolor Pencils, Set 2
- Alcohol Ink: Sunshine and Lettuce
- Simon Says Stamp: Inside Greetings Birthday Stamp Set
- Archival Ink: Barn Door
- Tim Holtz Multi Collage Eclectic Elements Cloth
- Odile Bailloeul Festival Fabric Fat Quarter Bundle
- Crop-A-Dile
- Tim Holtz Loop Pins
- Dina Wakley Paint
Add some text to a project and upload it to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog if you want a chance to win a $25 voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store!










