Monday, September 21, 2026

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Tag using Tim Holtz Glitch 2 Stamp Set and Spellbinders Reminiscence Paper

It's another Monday (for better or worse) and that means another Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!  This week the challenge is to make your own background.  That's exactly what I did for this tag, which uses Tim Holtz's Glitch 2 stamp set and Spellbinders' Reminiscence paper.


I started by painting white onto some kraft cardstock.  When the white paint dried, I stamped some images onto it using Tim Holtz's Glitch 2 stamp set.


Next I added color to the images using watercolors and Dina Wakley's Scribble Sticks.


I cut my patterned kraft paper into a tag shape using a die from AALL & Create.  I also splattered on some Dina Wakley media gloss in a nice watery blue color.


I got out my Spellbinders Reminiscence paper pad and cut out a panel, then punched some circles out of it.  I glued it to my tag.  I added paint inside the circles, then cut out some more little scraps of the Reminiscence paper and added them to my tag, along with some scribbling.


I made a background layer for my tag with the same AALL & Create die set.  I cut it out of blue cardstock, which I added paint to.  I outlined the edges of my original tag with a black Sharpie to make it stand out a little more.  I also cut out a "Remember good things" sentiment from the Reminiscence paper pad and glued that to the front. 


I glued my tag to the background tag to frame it out and this project was done!


Here are the supplies I used that you can find at Simon Says Stamp:

We are excited to see your crafty creations where you made your own background!  Upload your project to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog and don't forget to check out what's happening for Simon's STAMPtember celebration.