Sunday, September 1, 2013

My Other Creations: Artsy Tea

 STAMPtember is upon us, so be sure to check Simon Says Stamp often for lots of exciting stamping themes and projects and products!  And Oh what fun is to be had at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog this week!  The theme is Stamping All Stars and we pay homage to those go-to, never-fail, all-star stamps that never let us down.  I love bird images and quirky images, whimsical people and random objects, but really and truly, I would not survive long without alphabet stamps.  Maybe it's the English Librarian geekazoid  in me, but I love letters and the freedom to spell whatever sentiment I want. 

Here's a project I made using a set of my beloved alphabet stamps:


What in the world is it, you ask?  Hmmmm.  That's a tough one.  I'm not quite sure myself.  It's a backwards frame onto which I stapled a bunch of colored tea bags.  I added a piece of patterned paper from My Mind's Eye to the background and stamped one of my favorite quotes on the side.  The quote is by Marianne Williamson and I stamped it with Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink.



I'm not a tea drinker (hot chocolate is my go-to beverage of choice), but I love the look of tea bags. I decided to color them using a whole range of ink sprays, which worked remarkably well.  After I spritzed them, I left them outside to dry.  The finished product reminded me of summer and wind chimes and happy things.

Here's a list of the products I used, which you can find at Simon Says Stamp:




As always, if you've got a great project to share with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog, we love to see what you've been up to!  And hey-- if you enter, you've always got a chance to win some free moo-lah (fifty bucks worth) at the Simon Says Stamp store.  

  50dollar_voucher_600px

13 comments:

  1. What a fun and creative project Andrea! Lovin' all the colorful tea bags!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun and unique creation! Andrea. Love your birlliant idea to display those colorful tea bags. It's a great home decor! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You stamped out every letter-ugh. The letters look amazing. Such a fun crafty project. I especially like the colored tea bags. Thanks so much for your kind words on my blog. It was nice of you to leave such an inspiring and uplifting comment rather than most comments I get that say nothing except "thanks for joining our challenge". Even if you don't like it as a whole there must be something that you can comment on. Thank you for listening to me rant on about comments. I appreciate yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever way to use tea bags and to add colour too them too, very clever. I love the rustic, natural frame and the quoted stamped on the side. Great piece of quirky art. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Help! Bring me lemonade!"
    You crack me up.

    Since we are all sharing our favorites this week, I must confess that your projects are my favorite. I adore your whimsical style. You have so much creativity. I've seen you drill holes in a toy zebra, cut a birds nest in half, put eyeglasses on a pear and dye tea bags....all in a month's time.
    Incredible!
    Have you ever shown your work professionally? This project would make an awesome gallery installation.
    I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to say that I was really drawn to the colored tea bags as art. What a fabulous and unique idea! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you kidding me?!?!? Every time I come here - you just blow me away with your originality! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Love the trailing tea bags in happy colors! Wonderful design and love the sentiments you placed along the side!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an orginal project! I love your creative mind and what comes out of it! Such pretty colors! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is incredible! tou're so original, all your projects are absolutely stunning! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous project Andrea! You have such great ideas. Love the look of the weathered frame and the quotes are great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Andrea -- this is *fantastic*!!! The ink-sprayed tea bags are perfect on this piece. Love it!!!! What a cool framing idea to use the back of a frame. I think we all have frames that look better backwards :) Truly love the quote -- All Star all the way! -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete