Sunday, October 20, 2013

My Other Creations: Halloween Treats

Ah, October!  I love this month and I adore this week's "spooky" theme for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.  This project was especially fun as it involved buying lots of sugar-loaded goodies that I...uhhm...accidentally...bought too many of (such a shame to have to eat the leftovers)!

So here's my party-ready set of Halloween treats:



Shall we start with the beverages?  Head to your local grocery store with your husband or buddy and have deep and serious discussions about which sodas look most like poison.   It is quite entertaining to watch the reaction of shoppers who overhear you.



The Authentique "Thrilling" paper collection provides so many great labels that you could add to soda or candy or any ghoulish treat.  I added the "may cause cackling" disclaimer, but other than that, the label was good to go!  Graphic 45's "Steampunk Spells" line also has some ready-to-use labels.  After I labelled my beverages, I added some Simon Says Stamp straws and a Halloween ticket that I made from Tim Holtz's "Odds and Ends" stamp set.


Next up is the little treat bag.  It started out white, but I put a quick end to that by spraying it with Dylusions green ink and doing a subtle pattern with black ink and a Simon Says Stamp Chevron stencil.  I attached an ephemera card from the "Steampunk Spells" set, then added a fabric-covered brad I made, a Prima black flower, a Tim Holtz clip to keep everything together and a piece of Doodlebug's black and white doodle twine.



Last but not least, my favorite seasonal goodie: test tube treats!  I've done a previous post on these, but it never hurts to repeat the info!  For this project, I love Martha Stewart's test tubes.  They are big enough to hold a good amount of candy and they come with a cork and with specimen label stickers.  You can name your specimens whatever you want.  I add some funky yarn and ribbon around the top and it's a great little party favor.



Here's a list of my favorite candy to use for "specimens":




Here are the fabulous products I used from Simon Says Stamp to spook-i-fy these goodies for Halloween:





And I know you've got some spook-tacular ideas of your own!  Share them with us on the Simon Says Monday Challenge Blog and you could win $50 to use at Simon Says Stamp!
50dollar_voucher_600px

20 comments:

  1. you have, once again, outdone yourself!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home must be absolute FUN at Halloween, can you see us as start to queue up now outside your door, clammering to be invited inside to test those specimens.
    Incredible!!!!!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWSA !!!! What a fabulous creative imagination! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your list of favourite candy to use and the Dr. Image is just perfect as are your decorated bottles . I always love your quirky take on the challenges. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous array of treats for a party!! Very cool & professionally done! Love it!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great collection of Halloween treats! Love the neat vintage labels and fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of fun ideas there!Love the names and the addition of all the fibers etc. Hope someone has fun enjoying them all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay!!! I love parties! Your project is fantastic! Michelle. All the labels and images are just awesome! Your creation is always so delightful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool treats...totally spooky! Love the idea of shopping with my husband...can see the faces of people passing by as we talk poison! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such fun Halloween makes... "may cause cackling" - it certainly worked on me, and I haven't even had any of the potion!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh Andrea....these Halloween pieces are TO DIE FOR! :) haha...pardon the pun. I love each of them. I love Martha Stewarts' Halloween test tubes! You've made them look so Halloween festive with their little labels and spooky goodies inside! That treat bag is absolutely darling and I will be looking at my Steampunk Spells paper pad in a whole new way now! You are always so original with your projects! These are awesome! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cool! perfect HAlloween party! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  13. "May cause cackling.".......I love this!
    You've out yourself here. This is so creative. Great job, my friend!
    If I recall, didn't your husband help you drill holes in the plastic animals? And now he's helped choosing poison too? Yes...sounds like he's a keeper.
    I like your candy conversion chart too. That will most certainly come in handy when choosing my candy. For real. I love it!
    Great project, Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohh Andrea! This is perfect! What fun Halloween treats! Really spooky! Love the candy list! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  15. I peeked around and I Love your style Andrea! those goodies look yummy! Thanks for your comments on my blog! Muchly appreciated! I wondered if anyone would pick up on the Bradbury phrase! I too am an obsessive reader, being in the library field for over 25 yrs!

    Wishes From A Broad
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to come to your house on Halloween! This is so frightfully beautiful and whimsical! Brilliant ideas and like a display!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WONDERFUL! I love, love, love all your creative and fun Halloween creations. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope you all had as much fun on Halloween as you did making these treats. I was floored when I saw this. Reading your blog was such a hoot!! I really would have liked to have been one of those people overhearing your discussion with your husband about which sodas look the most like poison ... genius! Fabulous ideas! Wasn't up for much of a Halloween party this year but your blog let me join in the fun vicariously. Awesome inspiration for next year -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loving these Halloween treats Andrea! They look like incredible fun. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete