Monday, October 5, 2015

My Other Creations: Blessings Bracelet

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/

With this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge theme being, "Autumn in the Air," I began to think about Thanksgiving and all the blessings I have.  With that in mind, I decided to make a "Blessings Bracelet" using beads I colored with alcohol ink.


I started with white plastic beads and various colors of alcohol inks.


I dripped a couple of drops of different shades of alcohol ink on the felt pads that come with the Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink Applicator.  Then I just dabbed the piece of felt onto my bead over and over again after securing my bead to a skewer (a cotton swab in this case).


I also dripped alcohol ink directly onto the bead after doing this technique to add some bigger spots and splotches of the same color.  Once the beads were dry, I strung them together.  Because this is a Blessings Bracelet, I added a Tim Holtz word band that reflects what is the greatest blessing in my life: to be loved.  I rubbed Peacock Feathers Distress Paint over the sentiment to make the words stand out.  I also dyed a piece of crinkle ribbon with water and Distress Ink and added that on, too, along with a fabric scrap.


Lastly, I added a prayer box charm that I had, but instead of writing a prayer to put in it, I wrote a list of things that I'm grateful for as a reminder to count my blessings.  


I didn't have a "wrist model" handy and wasn't coordinated enough to take a picture of this with one hand while it was on my other wrist, but the beads are quite big and chunky.  I made it long enough to circle my wrist three times, so it's hefty and bold and bright, which is how I love my jewelry.

Here are the supplies I used to make this bracelet, which you can find at Simon Says Stamp:

 
I can't wait to see how Autumn inspires you this week.  Upload your creations to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog for your chance to share your creativity and be entered for the $50 gift voucher to Simon Says Stamp.  


http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/






17 comments:

  1. AWESOME!! I love this Andrea! what a beautiful bracelet! absolutely stunning! :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an absolutely stunning project. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love your jewelry! Fabulous beads and love the little prayer box with the words of love inside! Another inspirational piece of art from you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the focus on blessings too! Family is such a blessing, and it's so easy to lose sight of that! Great creations

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your imagination is endless! this is so beautiful and so clever! love it as always! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful project!!
    I'm doing my first GIVEAWAY over at my blog! Be sure to check it out!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow.. the colors on your project are gorgeous! Great design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Andrea, that is gorgeous, thanks so much for sharing it! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. This bracelet is so pretty, Andrea! Love the marbled effect the alcohol gives those beads! The crinkle ribbon and the word band are fabulous! Gorgeous! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Andrea, what a fabulous transformation from the white beads to the gorgeous colors! It is gorgeous!! I sometimes forget about my alcohol inks and this is a wonderful reminder of the lovely effects they can create. I laughed at your story at the end of trying to take a photo :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your imagination ALWAYS blows my mind and this is just beautiful! I love how you've used alcohol inks to create such a wonderful effect on the beads and the added embellishments are just gorgeous ~ I love it, Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous Andrea!! I LOVE your vibrant alcohol ink beads. The bracelet is absolutely gorgeous. It makes me want to find some white beads and start inking them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is SO creative and fun, Andrea. Love how you colored your own beads for this bracelet. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. No way! Plastic beads? Really? These are GORGEOUS! And the prayer box is such a lovely addition. This is beautiful, Andrea.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a beautiful piece of art and the colors are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I totally LOVE this bracelet, Andrea! Those beads are just amazing! Plastic....seriously? They look like blown glass. Love your technique here and the added prayer box at the end. I swear, there is absolutely NO END to your talent and creativity! You prove that every time you post something. <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. I totally LOVE this bracelet, Andrea! Those beads are just amazing! Plastic....seriously? They look like blown glass. Love your technique here and the added prayer box at the end. I swear, there is absolutely NO END to your talent and creativity! You prove that every time you post something. <3

    ReplyDelete