Monday, May 29, 2017

My Other Creations: Collage Using Tim Holtz's Picture Wheel Die and Seth Apter's Splatter Proof Die

This week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge theme is all about circles.  I love circles, so this theme was a dream come true.  I made this circle-centered collage with a favorite Picasso quote and used Tim Holtz's Picture Wheel die and Seth Apter's Splatter Proof die to help me out.




I started by cutting the Picture Wheel Die shape out of Strathmore Mixed Media paper.  I laid it on top of another sheet of Strathmore Mixed Media paper.  Then I went to town with quick bursts of Dylusions Ink Spray, Distress Ink Spray, and Distress Stain.  I love to smash the Distress Strain bottles down on paper to get tight circular splatters.



Next I added texture paste through a Tim Holtz Bubble stencil.



When I took the picture wheel off, you can see how both pieces look- the picture wheel on top and the background underneath it.  Never hurts to get two pieces for the price of one!



For the rest of the collage, I set aside the picture wheel die and just used the underneath portion (background).  I sprayed the circular shape with more Distress Ink, Dylusions Ink Spray and a bit of water and let it run down the page.



Next was the scary part!  The black!  I painted the whole background above my circle black. 



Once the black paint dried, I went back in and added white paint over a lot of the black. I typed out the Picasso quote on my We R Memory Keepers typewriter and added that to my collage, along with some flowers that I punched out, painted, and outlined with a Sharpie.



The final touch was adding Seth Apter's Splatter Proof die, which I cut out of black paper.  I love this die!!  I also couldn't resist tacking on a number that I cut from Tim Holtz's Ruler Ribbon.



It was a joy to be asked to include circles this week and I can't wait to see what you come up with!  Here are the supplies I used which you can find at Simon Says Stamp:




Be sure to upload your circle-y masterpieces to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog for your chance to win $50 to the Simon Says Stamp Store!



17 comments:

  1. Oh how I love this! Amazing, Andrea! The bright colors and design look as though they are emerging from the darkness which goes perfectly with the wonderful quote. So clever!!

    Cathie ♥

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous panel Andrea :-) I love the bright colours and then you added all of that black, you are right that is scary! I don't think I would have dared! but then it turns out absolutely fabulous with the white and texture added! Love the quote too, perfect! :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great piece. The quote is perfect as is the background. Love how the bright colors shine off the monochromatic surface.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that black can be scary to me too but wow-this is gorgeous and I love how it all turned out Andrea-well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant!!! The final result is stunning...hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. FANTASTIC! Loving your colors and accents.....that quote is so fabulous! I've said it many times, YOU, my dear are an ARTIST at the finest level.....move over Picasso!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!! You have definitely fed my soul with your amazing color on this one, Andrea! What an awesome quote to us, and love the touch of numbers too. That ghost image of the picture wheel is wonderful, and I love, love how you used Seth's splatter!! I have to get that now!!
    xx Maura

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is totally awesome! Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this beautiful creation, Andrea. The colors and the texture on this piece are awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic piece Andrea! I love all those bright colors, all the circles and the clever way of using the Picture Wheel for a background. Great quote too!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow another amazing Andrea creation...you truly are the queen of colour and texture...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow...Andrea, this is amazing! Such a wonderful riot of colour and detail, it's just stunning and another fabulous work of art! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well... I just loaded my card onto the SS linky and saw your piece again. Hmmm... I think when I asked if your palette stamp was on your piece via Insta a little idea grew in the back of my brain. I promise I wasn't planning to CASE you, but I think that is exactly what happened!!! Except I used your fab stamp... so there...❤💛💙👌

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so brave, Andrea! I loved to see the process and was quite shocked with the black color covering all the other colors but finally the result is amazing! Hugs, Marzena

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW this is a fantasstic project!! I am amazed everytime I see a new project from you!!! I love love love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Andrea's palette works so well with Seth's dies! I love this so much! It's a masterpiece! barbara

    ReplyDelete