Tuesday, March 5, 2013

My Cards and Tags: SOUS March 6th Card Challenge

Another card sketch from Stuck on U Sketches!  This was a unique sketch and it yielded a card that I certainly hadn't planned on making!  I ended up with a baby boy card, but it has roses and a bow.  So while the "manly verdict" may still be out, I liked the finished product.


Here's the sketch by Sandi that I based my card on:



As you can see, I flipped the sketch horizontal for my card and moved the location of the bow.  I used My Mind's Eye paper (surprise, surprise- love MME!) as well as some paper from Pink Paislee.  The big sentiment in the center is a design I cut out from one of the My Mind's Eye pages.  I stuck a piece of Washi tape at the top.  The Washi's from Target.



I made the scalloped bottom portion with a fantastic edge punch from EK Success.  I tied a bow out of some American Crafts ribbon, inked it and I was done!



I know I say this every time I make a card from one of the SOUS sketches, but I truly love the challenge of seeing how I can fill in someone else's wonderful sketch idea!  Kudos to the designers at the SOUS blog!

5 comments:

  1. Great card! I love how you mixed the patterns. And the bow is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card Andrea and thank you for the compliment on my blog,you have made my day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your card Andrea, great mix of papers & a beautiful bow for a bonny baby boy ... hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you kidding me?..This is amazing and could be used for so many celebrations... Love it!!
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Andrea. Loving those papers, and put together beautifully... Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete