Tuesday, April 2, 2013

My Cards and Tags: SOUS April 3rd Card Sketch Challenge

Are you loving the fact that we've hit April???  Yay!!  And although my Hydrangea plant is crispy brown and unidentifiable as a Hydrangea, I have high hopes for both my plants and my creative endeavors this month!

And what a great way to start off April: another fine card sketch from the Stuck On U Sketches blog.  Here's how my card turned out:



And here's the sketch I based it off of, created by the talented Nanne:



For my card, I couldn't decide if I wanted to go pastel shabby chic or grungy, so I sort of did a combo.  The paper is from MME (yep- I'm pretty much predictable when it comes to MME usage), Tim Holtz, Crate Paper and Glitz.  The stamp that I used on the fabric is from Stampabilities.



I also threaded some fibers and lace through a paperclip and added it on.  I'm lovin' paperclips these days, which is nice because my husband and I just bought an old desk from a courthouse auction and it had like a billion of them in the drawer.  :) 



So hey!  Let's enjoy April and hope that both our creativity and our snow-mashed flowers bloom!


Thanks, as always, whoever you are out there, for taking the time to stop by!  It's nice to know that we can come together on various blogs across the internet universe as fellow crafting geniuses (hey- I'll proudly claim that title if you do!)