Sunday, February 9, 2014

My Cards and Tags: Valentine's Day

This week's theme at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog is "We love stamps!"  A look at my bank statement would confirm that this is definitely true for me! 

One of my favorite types of stamps are people stamps, which I enjoy adding kooky accessories to in order to create new characters to fit my creations.  So here's a Valentine's Day card I made with that suave sophisticated gent from Wendy Vecchi's "Call it Art" stamp set:



Half of the work of this card was already done for me thanks to the Glitz "Birthday Wishes" paper pack, which provided some great background paper to use.  And my guy was easy to color using Spectrum Noir markers.  I wanted to highlight Valentine's Day, so I put a heart around the number 14 on the calendar.  It didn't show up boldly enough, so I cut out another number 14 and glued it on top to make it stand out a bit more.  Then I made a sentiment that says, "He believed in love."



I appreciate the versatility of our leading man and this time I added some glasses and a pointy hat to him.  But that's not his only look!  Just for fun, I went back through my projects and pulled some other versions of him that I've made.

Here he is as a respected scholar, perhaps published in a newspaper with a feathered friend on his head:


 Here he is as an eccentric inventor-photographer:


And here he is drowning in a sea of mathematical numbers and wearing a dunce cap (welcome to my life in junior high and high school, folks! ):


But for now, I really do love my "in love" version of him best!



To make this card, I used the following fantastic supplies that you can get at that store we all know and love-- Simon Says Stamp:




With such an open theme like, "We Love Stamps," I cannot wait to see what you create for this week's challenge!  Remember to share your projects with us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog for your chance to win $50 to spend at Simon Says Stamp!
50dollar_voucher_600px

21 comments:

  1. Your whimsical gent put a big smile on my face! I enjoyed how you decorated him up for the holiday and then to put him on the bing card with th14 highlighted was a clever and pretty idea! Lovely Valentines Day card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Andrea, this is such a fun and fabulous project! I love all different look of this man. Your coloring is fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always Andrea, I adore your posts. This was a riot. First, I fell in love with the gent on your Valentines card. Great composition of stamps and your heart thought bubble!!!!! But I love how this sophisticated gent is so versatile. Thank you for walking us through this creative world we live in. It's there if we just open our minds to the possibilities. AWesome post! -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fun and very artistic card and I definitely agree with you about the bank statement confirming our love of stamps!! :) Hope you have a great week and thanks for sharing this wonderful project...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is so funny and really beautiful! Love the goofy fellow! The pink glasses are so cute! Really love all the other dressed up ones too! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a handsome dude you created!
    well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute & fun creation, Andrea! I love the paper piecing!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a very cute and unique Valentines day card you got here! i love the way you design it the fun way. It can make a fun Valentines day wishes this coming Heart's day. Cheers xxxx

    Marilyn
    http://easyday.snydle.com/valentines-day-wishes-and-messages.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Andrea,

    Oh my, I'm STILL giggling, you are having such creative fun with this gentleman. Are you the gal who goes around painting mustaches on magazine faces? hahhaha.

    Truly, your artwork is refreshing.

    Blessings,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much fun... have stories for each of them now running around my head - wonderful post!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This guy cracks me up.
    I love the little flower you put on his pointy hat. That one little detail assured me that he was indeed, a romantic. And then I scrolled down and chuckled. He is a very busy guy!
    Fabulous project, Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE LOVE LOVE your project! this is totally amazing! love each detail !! Wonderful!!! So inspirational for me! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  13. He is so fun and cooky! And, I love that you showed him in different ways :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Andrea...this is such a cute card! Love your Wendy guy....all phases of him but particularly the one on your featured card. So cute with the party hat and rose at the top! :) I also love your Glitz background ... so appropriate and great colors! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Like the variety of creations using the image. TY for stopping by & noticing the work I put into the Olympic Rings.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  16. The card is cute, love the hat. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic Andrea! Love how you pieced the image and the pretty color palette that you used!

    ReplyDelete
  18. ok girl..I absolutely love all the different versions...and I would have to agree I like the "in love" the best to...I love how you used this image from a scholar to an inventor to a mathematical numbers man...and all the different elements to portray each one....your mind is amazing..I love how you think...

    Hugs
    Nancy T.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog. It's always a good excuse to check out someone else's work too. I do love what you have done with this card, and how you have shown the many variations and options for this stamp. Definitely good for a chuckle or two as well. Hope you had a lovely weekend.
    Joyce xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Andrea...you always make me feel so good with your comments. Thank you so much for your sweetness. I just love hearing from you about as much as I love your art! YOU are the one who inspires me with your always very inspiring and beautifully done pieces. I really can feel how much you love creating through you art....it's very calming and fun. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete