Saturday, October 4, 2014

My Cards and Tags: "Feeling Brilliant" Notions Tag

Hello loyal readers!  I just wanted to share a notions tag that I made that includes some faux buttons.  The fabulous button card stamp I used is called Mode De Paris Buttons and is from 100 Proof Press.  Here's how the tag turned out, followed by a step-by-step of how I made my faux buttons.

I started by stamping the button card image (using Ranger Jet Black Archival ink) onto a neutral-ish piece of paper from Kaiser's Kaleidoscope collection.  I folded it and tore it a bit and inked it up with Distress Ink (Walnut Stain and Black Soot).  I also stamped on some background text using 100 Proof Press's Profit and Loss stamp.  I smudged on some Peacock Feathers Distress ink because I seem to be humanly incapable of NOT smudging that gorgeous ink on everything!

Next I gathered up some paper scraps and stamped the buttons onto them.

I punched out the buttons using a circle punch from Recollections (available at Michaels) that was the perfect size: 5/8".

I added a smidge of various colors of Distress Ink to each button, then stuck each one to a 3D pop dot for some dimension. I folded down the circular edges of the button around the pop dot, then attached them to the button card.


To make the buttons look more button-y (totally not a word), I covered each one with a drop or two of Glossy Accents and let them dry overnight.

All that was left to do was to figure out a background for my button card.  I grabbed my Tim Holtz/Sizzix Framelits Tag die set and some patterned paper from My Mind's Eye and cut out a tag with my Big Shot.  I glued fabric scraps to the background, added my button card and a piece of vintage tape measure to the bottom.

I finished it off by adding some stick pins (Maya Road and Darice) and the sentiment.  I used alphabet stamps for the "feeling" word and the "Brilliant" stamp is another great one from 100 Proof Press.  I tore up some fabric strips for the tag's ties at the top and it was done!  I quite enjoyed this project and felt just a bit brilliant myself when my husband said (and I quote) that it was "cool."

3 comments:

  1. What a fantastic idea to use these circles, wow!! You are brilliant!!
    TFS how you made them.
    Tag is fab with wonderful colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant, yes! And it so reflects your signature style which I truly admire. When a husband compliments it, you KNOW it's great. The shredded ribbon top, gorgeous stick pins and vintage tape measure are perfect accents to the buttons. Fun! Fun! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The layers on this tag are fabulous! Great colors make this tag just pop.

    ReplyDelete