Thursday, October 9, 2014

My Cards and Tags: Happy Haunting

Even though I swear it was like 80 degrees today, I'm trying hard to get into the spirit of Fall!  What better way than to throw on some killer knee-high boots and whip out the Halloween stamps?  I did just that (well, until the boots got too hot) and here's what resulted:


The text paper is from Prima's Epiphany collection.  The black "goo" dripping down is black Gesso mixed with a bit of water which I drizzled down the paper.  I smeared on some Tim Holtz Distress Ink to the background (Peacock Feathers and Squeezed Lemonade).  The silhouette stamp is from 100 Proof Press and is called, "Pumpkin Parade."  I heat embossed it in black to make it really stand out.  The background paper is from Kasier's Kaleidoscope collection and I added another 100 Proof Press stamp to it called, "Honeycomb Texture."  The letter stickers (black with white letters) are Tim Holtz label stickers and the "haunting" is spelled with Tim Holtz Alpha-parts.

It may be too hot around here to don a sweater, but I can still get into Halloween mode in my craft room!