Sunday, February 15, 2015

My Other Creations: Beachy Bread Tin

This week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is, "Piece of Paradise."  Paradise, for me, is the beach!  Give me my fam, a good book and a little slice of sand next to the water and I am in heaven!  But where I live, coasts are a little hard to come by.  Even so, I tried to bring the beach into my crafty space by converting this bread pan into a beachy tin.


This little bread tin was a rusty old relic I found at the local thrift store for 50 cents.  I started by sanding the tin so paint would adhere to it, then I painted it with Gesso (I Gesso everything, especially if I'm not sure what my next step is)!  When that dried, I covered it with some patterned paper that had a beachy wood design.  I used a scoring board to make the fold lines nice and tight.  Here it is after I've covered one of the sides.


I covered the whole thing with paper, then added a beachy garland that includes starfish, which I truly do think are "Beautiful creatures."


The garland was a lot of fun to make.  After I cut out the pennant flags, I used the leftover "frame" parts on my garland, too. 


Here are the supplies I used to make my project, which you can find at Simon Says Stamp:



I can't wait to catch a glimpse of your pieces of paradise!  Upload your creations to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog for your chance to win a $50 gift voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store.  Sounds like a bit of paradise to me!

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

15 comments:

  1. I was wondering what your box was constructed from and would have never ever guessed a bread pan! Love your slice of the beach and how brilliantly you created your own mini vacation in a box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing job turning that pan into a little masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun and creative Andrea! Your banner is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks great and love the way you use colour x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh wow, Andrea! What a wonderful bread tin! Love that you've used wooden pattern paper. It sure has that beachy vibe! Perfect! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! The soft multi-colors, everything in a decorated bread pan - how clever. The clothes hanging on the line is so whimsical and makes me smile. This is very cute and a delightful object to use for decorating your place of abode.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, get this, Andrea. I commented before I read your process. Don't you always try to wing something before realizing you need to read the instructions? I certainly do. Anyway, before I read that your garland was made of pendant flags and the frame parts, I thought hanging on the clothes line at the beach were silly-looking pants hanging from the bottom and beach towels. Hahaha - silly me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun project, Andrea! I love the distressed look that you went for!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun and creative altered project! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful creation! As Always you use your color palette in a way that's incredible! I love all your projects ! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  11. You always have such interesting ideas Andrea! Love how hit turned out and that paper is stunning, it looks like real wood. Gorgeous colours!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do love this. A bread pan? Who knew!?! You did a wonderful job transforming your thrifty find into a unique treasure.
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, wow, WOW! You have managed to create another unique piece of art, Andrea and I adore the paper you've used, it works so well and I wouldn't have guessed it wasn't real wood ~ absolutely wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE what you did with this bread tin! It is a wonderful piece of art and paradise! Even we are in the winter here in Greece, you took me to the warm, sunny and relaxing beach!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, oh, the colours... the colours on the wood... just lovely!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete