Wednesday, July 15, 2015

My Cards and Tags: Hello Sunshine

Even though my mailman (or is "mail carrier" the politically savvy term these days?) seems to enjoy smashing as many things as possible into my mailbox, I have been anxiously awaiting his arrival to bring me some goodies from Simon Says Stamp's new Splash of Color release.  And once I used a crowbar to remove my items from the mailbox, I was not disappointed!  Here's the Hello Sunshine tag I created with my new Simon Says Stamp treasures:


I made this tag using the SSS Hello Sunshine Frame die, which is adorable!  I liked how I had a leftover "sunshine" word strip to use for another project after I cut out the frame.  And this frame also comes with a sun shape, too.  Here's a picture of the products used (postal crunching of packaging included):


For the scalloped edges at the bottom of my tag, I used the SSS Border Waves die set, which is so versatile.  I attached it all to a big tag die from Mama Elephant's Tags a Lot set.  I used some scrap paper I had from My Mind's Eye, Crate Paper and Prima, and added a swirl to the top made from the My Favorite Things Scribbles die.  My Big Shot got a workout and I still really love using these thin wafer dies with the Genius Platform from Lifestyle Crafts.  I also whipped out my old reliable Martha Stewart Hydrangea punch to add some flowers.  Before assembling, I did some outlining with a black Sharpie pen (my new favorite type of pen) and smudged on some of that gorgeous new Mint Candy ink.

Although some husbands out there may disagree, it's always a good time to check out what's new at Simon Says Stamp and spend some moo-lah on those must-have's for Summer!  Remember: we are not hoarders.  We are artists!  ;)

6 comments:

  1. LOL Andrea!! We are definitely not hoarders ... we are artists!! There's an art journal waiting to be made from that sentiment :) Love how you used the wave dies here and the Sharpie pin is perfect for the outlining. Really makes the colors pop. Working with fabrics has given you such a gift for being able to integrate color and prints so wonderfully. This is a fantastic make with the scribbled swirl on top. Pinned! So glad the post didn't ruin any of your lovely SSS products. Hugs -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful tag Andrea, love that Sunshine die and the pretty papers you have used to create your tag, perfect summer colours! And hoarders, who us??!! I've been trying to get a handle on my crafting space the last while and have on more than one occassion thought that I could qualify for a spot on that 'Hoarders' TV show LOL! But then something new and wonderful gets released (like this die!) and I have to have it, consequences be damned! Hope that your mail mangler ... er ... mail carrier treats your parcels with a little more respect from now on, package crunching is not cool! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your advice for my husband--I will have to remember that one. Your project is beautiful,and a wonderful way to highlight the new SSS products. Thanks so much for your kind comment on my post today. I think it's one of the nicest I have ever received. Giant Smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful tag! Love the shabby colours and feel. Neat idea to use a dye cut for the top versus ribbon. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tag is so sweet, I love how you used the "Hello Sunshine" die and smudged on the ink. I am a big fan of Prima's Coffee Break collection and see you used some of that too. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and for the kind comment you left on my blog. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete