Saturday, November 21, 2015

My Cards and Tags: Reverse Confetti Sketch #30, Bring on the Christmas

I was feeling sketchy today (ha, ha), so I decided to play along with Reverse Confetti's November Sketch For You to Try.  I only recently discovered Reverse Confetti, but it was easy to become an instant fan.

Here's the card I came up with using their supplies:


I used two Reverse Confetti garland dies on this: the Double Scallop Garland and the Circle Garland.  I flipped the Circle Garland vertically and cut it into small sections from which I hung my stockings.  I also cut some circles free and used them in the upper left corner as embellishments.


I did a Distress Ink-smudge/water droplet technique for the background and added the sentiment that I made with words from Reverse Confetti's Winter Word Coordinates stamp set.  The stockings are from Reverse Confetti's Jolly Holiday set. The rest of it is rounded out with my two current favorite Washi tapes from Doodlebug: Christmas Candy Stripe and Deck the Halls.

This was a fun sketch to play along with and I appreciated the "creative nudge" it provided!