Monday, November 16, 2015

My Cards and Tags:Giving Thanks Cards Using Stamps from Concord & 9th and Reverse Confetti

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Happy Thanksgiving season to you and yours!  The Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog is celebrating with the theme of Giving Thanks.  A friend of mine has a great Thanksgiving tradition in which she writes thank you notes to her friends expressing her gratitude for them in her life.  I thought this was a brilliant idea, so I made three gratitude cards of my own:


I made the background by smudging Distress Ink on with sponges, then dripping water onto the ink.  I let the water sit and spread for a few minutes, then I soaked the water back up with a paper towel, leaving only the "puddle edges" and white spots behind.

For this card, I used a sentiment from Reverse Confetti's Forever Fall set.  The teal scribbly circles are made with Concord & 9th's Love You Mean It stamp set and the leaves are all cut with Tim Holtz's Tattered Leaves die.  I used various patterned papers for the leaves and this one is from Prima's Garden Fable line.

  
This card was made with the sentiment portion of the previously-mentioned stamp set from Concord & 9th titled, Love You Mean It.  The patterned paper on the leaf is from Simple Stories' Pumpkin Spice collection and I added a stamped heart.


It was back to Reverse Confetti's Forever Fall set for the sentiment on this last card.  The patterned paper on this leaf is from Prima's Bella Rouge collection.


These were so fun to make and quite easy once I had a vision and then the system down.  To make all of my cards, I used these products that you can find at Simon Says Stamp:




There is a lot to be grateful for and I can't wait to see what you come up with for this week's theme.  Upload your creations to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog for your chance to win $50 to the Simon Says Stamp Store.
http://simonsaysstamp.com/
http://simonsaysstamp.com/http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
  



20 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous! I love the soft splash of color with that lovely leaf and expression. What a wonderful idea. I am going to see if I can squeeze this in Thanksgiving week for my family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards Andrea, I love the backgrounds and the circle design, a perfect base for those beautiful leaves :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, I love the splash of colour in the background and the scribble circle. Very eye catching . Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving, Andrea! I love your friends idea of sending out thankful cards! Yours are gorgeous, and the colors are so you! I don't know how you do it, but somehow you can take your trademark bright colors and make them work for any season. Simple in design, but, oh so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple but very effective, I'm in love with these colors and the harmonious composition!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the backgrounds for these cards, Andrea! Super pretty!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning, Andrea! The puddled water shadows in the vivid inky colours look so beautiful, and your autumn leaves are gorgeous - especially love the texty one. What a lovely thought behind the cards too.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am always inspired by your work Andrea--your backgrounds here are little masterpieces of color and simplicity. Great use of technique and color theory to create something beautiful to last through the seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your works are always full of life and colorful! They come out from the screen and they give me joy! Thanks for your weekly inspirations, I love them so much! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a wonderful set of cards, Andrea and I love how you've captured a vivid intensity of colour on each one, yet maintain such a soft, gentle feel to the overall project! Just beautiful, as always... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cards are absolutely lovely Andrea! I really like the colors and the sentiments you used.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the beautiful colors on your cards, Andrea. Great inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these gorgeous colorful cards, Andrea! The sentiments are perfect and I love what you did with the leaves! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  14. These cards are stunning Andrea! I love the inky backgrounds, wonderful sentiments, stamped circles and of course the leaves. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love these cards Andrea! So stamp lifting...Thanks so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The background patterns made with big water droplets are amazing! Very lovely cards!
    Thank you so much for your kind comment and compliments on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow!! These cards are viral on pinterest! I have totally pinned them and am your latest follower! Thanks for sharing! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. These pretty cards popped up on my pinterest today - absolutely so very pretty!

    ReplyDelete