Monday, November 30, 2015

Snapping Monsters Stamps: The Release of My First Stamp Set

Update!  My first stamp set has sold out of my Etsy shop,  but feel free to contact me to see if I have any sets left. My email address is: friend_of_ben@yahoo.com.   It is with MUCHO excitement that I announce the release of my first ever stamp set, which is being sold in my Etsy store.  Here's a project I made with my stamp set:


I drew this stamp set and had it produced because it's something I always wanted to tryI'm not a big corporation or store owner or anything; just a somewhat nerdy crafty girl who had a blast putting this all together.

Stamp Set Size and Description
  • This stamp set is ginormous: 8" x 12".  The girl with the crown is 5.5" tall and the girl with the polka dot dress is 6" tall.
  • These are clear photopolymer stamps produced with high quality material here in the USA.
  • There are over 20 fun objects/accessories.
  • There are 2 complete girls, 1 extra head and 2 extra outfits (all totally interchangeable).
  • There are 5 clever sentiments and over 30 words with boxes that you can combine any way you choose. *Note: you cut the words apart, so the words at the bottom of the set are in no particular order.
Here's a picture of the stamp set's images and sentiments:

And here's the set itself all mint and new and un-stamped with:


Cool Things About This Stamp Set
Being an avid stamper myself, I wanted this stamp set to be all about the versatility with both images and words.
  • Using your fussy-cutting skills, these stamps are almost like paper dolls where you can mix and match the girls and their outfits in any way you choose.  Every dress and every accessory fits each girl for a lot of possibilities. 
  • I absolutely adore words, so I put together the most useful set of single words I could think of and you can combine them into over 100 different combo's.  In the stamp set, I include a list of the words/sentiments you can create such as, Kitchen Ninja, Clever Girl and Happy Cake Day.
  • To box or not to box?  I love making boxes around words, such as in the tag above.  But not everyone likes boxy words.  I made a series of boxes that you can stamp over the words if you'd like, or you can just string the words together and stamp them out "normal" and box-free. 
  • I included two "fill in the blank" sentiments so that they could be personalized for your projects.  The first is, "You are the best __________________ in the history of ever."  The second is, "I heart _______________."  These have been so handy for me as I've made cards for all sorts of people for all sorts of reasons!
  • These are clear stamps, so it's easy to place objects in the girls' hands or arrange things just right because you can see through the stamp to where it's stamping.  Now I can see some of you cringing when I say, "clear stamps."  Believe me, I know!  I've had those cheap clear stamps that stretch like taffy or tear when you try to pull them off the backing sheet.  And it's my pet peeve when I go to stamp with a clear stamp and the image is grainy or pebbly or fuzzy because the ink beads up on the stamp.  After a lot of research, I found a clear stamp company here in the United States that is TOP NOTCH.  The clear stamps produce crisp clean images.  I used the same company that makes clear stamps for Papertrey Ink and many other stamp companies known for quality products.
Price and Where to Buy
As I said earlier, I'm just one person and not a big fancy company.  I had these made on my own and they are sold exclusively through my Etsy shop, which is also titled, Snapping Monsters.  

The cost of the set is $30.


This whole endeavor has been an awesome adventure and I'll look forward to posting more projects using my stamps.  Happy stamping and thanks to all of you who support me and my crafty musings.