Monday, April 18, 2016

My Cards and Tags: Butterfly Card Using Seth Apter Products

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
 "Butterfly Beauty" is the theme for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, so I decided to see what would happen if I mixed Springy things like butterflies and pastels with Seth Apter's new industrial, gritty, urban-vibed products.  Here's the result:


 I started by using this fabulous Gridiron embossing folder on a piece of white cardstock as well as on the faux wood background paper I used.  I rubbed some Distress Ink over it, as shown here:


Once I embossed the paper, I watercolored in the de-bossed sections, then I painted some Gesso and white acrylic paint over various areas for a more subtle pastel look and started building my layers.  I added some dies (Coffee Ring and Drip Drop die sets) which I stamped text on, added some butterflies, some more Gesso, and then some Washi tape for the sentiments.


There are so many fun products that have just hit the market that it's hard to keep the old wallet in check!  But remember- we're collectors; not hoarders.  :)   Happy crafting!

Here are the supplies I used from Simon Says Stamp to make my butterfly card:



Can't wait for you to whip out your butterflies and create something amazing!  Upload your projects to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog so that you can inspire us and enter yourself to be a winner for the $50 Simon Says Stamp gift voucher!
 

https://simonsaysstamp.com/
https://simonsaysstamp.com/
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/

22 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Andrea, the colours and textures are fabulous! I love the die cuts and tape sentiments, the whole design is yummy and stunning! :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super-cool! I'm always attracted to non-typical combinations... Love your experiment mixing spring and urban... Looks meant-to-be. That embossing folder is sweet! And you are too damned creative-- using that coffee ring/ avec drip is AWESOME. I was like, "Is that abig grungy postmark?" NOOO, it's AOP showing us how to die-cut like a boss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way, did you read between the lines: Really fabulous project.

      Delete
  3. The folder is great! What a fabulous pattern! I love the colors you used and how you turned them into pastel shades. Great job!
    Hugs, Marzena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very gorgeous card ! I love the colors you used and the different textures. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beutiful colors and fab. work
    greets
    Alexa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you built up upon the grid iron embossing folder :)


    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the grid and colors. I love all the depth and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I appreciate the see-through word washi and stamping on the die cuts. Also how you created pastels by washing out your bold colors with white. The contrasts you've created are just delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So fun....love the design and your beautiful colors. You must just sit there and have so much joy when creating! Gorgeous (as always!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh! This is GORGEOUS!! The softer colours are so pretty with the addition of the Gesso and white paint. How fun to turn the "drips" too! And I love the look of the transparent words added too! I've never seen "clear" washi before. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh wow! Love Seth's products and these are new! I have to go looking for them :) I love how you combined gritty with a soft spring palette, Andrea. You are so good at combining things in a new and unique way!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So stunning Andrea! I wanted to order that circle die the other day, but it was out of stock. Beautiful textures and colours.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so beautiful, Andrea! Every week I can't wait to see your projects because of the way you are able to combine such beautiful colors and create an amazing piece. Love it!! Cathie <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your beautiful artwork, Andrea. The colors and texture on the background you created is awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing, Andrea! Love the texture of the embossing folder, and the outer edge butterflies are so fun! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this work! Dies and embossing folder you've used are fabulous! As always an inspirational project! barbara

    ReplyDelete
  17. a fabulous fun amazing project Andrea...love that embossing folder...you created so much wonderful texture and the colours are right up my street...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a wonderful piece of artwork, Andrea! I love how you've used the dies and the embossing folder and the colour palette is stunning ~ beautiful work! :)

    ReplyDelete