Monday, April 11, 2016

My Cards and Tags: Rain Cards Using the Sketched Blooms Stamp Set by My Favorite Things

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
This week's Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge theme is, "April Showers Bring May Flowers."  I couldn't pass up the chance to use the Sketched Blooms stamp set by My Favorite Things.  I made a set of "rain cards":


I started with some alpha cards by Prima, which I stamped with the flowers from Sketched Blooms (I also made some circle-swirl flowers using another stamp set by MFT called Whimsical Wishes).  I watercolored the images, then sponged on Distress Ink when it dried.  I splattered some water drops, then soaked the water back up with a paper towel.  I stamped on some colored splatters using MFT's Distressed Patterns stamp set and finished it off with some great old-school text in the background from Simon Says Stamps' One With Nature stamp set.


I made some tabs at the top of each card with patterned paper and lined the cards up to spell RAIN.


This theme has a special place in my heart because my parents used to sing an April showers song to me and my brother when we were little and it was raining outside.  It made me smile to have that memory brought to mind again.  

Here are the supplies I used that are available from Simon Says Stamp:



Can't wait to see how you interpret our theme!  Be sure to upload your creations to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog for your chance to win a $50 gift voucher!

https://www.simonsaysstamp.com/
https://www.simonsaysstamp.com/
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/

26 comments:

  1. Oh wow! how gorgeous are these! I just love the set! the colours and whole designs are awesome! :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely amazing project! Such colors and details. Love it!

    Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving the sweet comments. I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever project, Andrea! Love the bright palette :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like these, Andrea! Beautiful and fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these cards! Would be so cute hanging in a row like a little banner. Your technique with the flower and sentiment stamping and the bright watercolors is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally in love with these!! Amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful project! Love the sentiment stamped partially and a complete set making a full polyptych

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh WOW!!! These are AMAZING!!! Love the idea, pretty colors... so very cool! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its Just Amazing ! has a fresh feeling of rain :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love your cards Andrea ! They're gorgeous. Beautiful project with so bright colors ! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bright beautiful colorful hymn to the life: love your cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simply gorgeous! And what a special memory! I hope you frame these in an entryway and every time you come and go you will have this happy memory with you. They are beautiful, love the pretty little tabs too....ART! Don't they just make you SMILE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful - I am pea green with envy over your make --- I love it!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! I think you might be one of a few who can bring out the bright and cheerful side to rain! I know, it is celebrated in many places where there is not enough, and I see your beautiful cards as a rain celebration, Andrea! Hugs! Maura

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cheerful interpretation of rain! I want to know the song your parents sang!
    I am so solar-powered... the rain usually puts a *damper* on my mood... But, yes, we need it in the west, and my fam loves it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cheerful interpretation of rain! I want to know the song your parents sang!
    I am so solar-powered... the rain usually puts a *damper* on my mood... But, yes, we need it in the west, and my fam loves it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. These cards are so beautiful! I can't tell you how much I love how you use color. Your projects are always so bright and vibrant and BEAUTIFUL!! Cathie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love you beautiful cards, Andrea. The colors and images are so delightful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm absolutely impressed and love everything on your cards. The color explosion is awesome. Love the floral stamps you used and the way you distressed them. Hugs, Marzena

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your project are always amazing!!!! Love the picture with the word Rain, fantastic to see in this way this project! colors are always incredible! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  21. Another truly outstanding project, Andrea! Once again, the colour palette is just stunning and the project itself, is just so unique and beautiful...I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous cards, Andrea! Love the way you've spruced them up with your unique style! So very pretty! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  23. The way you use colors makes my heart smile and happy <3

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are amazing Andrea! I LOVE them! The colours, words, stamping and backgrounds, everything is just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are gorgeous!!! I would love to be able to do what you do, just have not gotten there yet tho.!! Rock on and Stamp On!!!

    ReplyDelete