Monday, May 2, 2016

My Other Creations: Prima Notebooks

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
 "Home Decor" is the theme of the week over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog.  And we also wanted to highlight Prima products.  Since I can't ever seem to find a notebook around when I need one, I decided to make a notebook set which I housed in this spiffy little tin that I revamped from a previous project.


I adore my Cinch binding tool and used it to bind together these 4x6 notebooks.  I cut out the paper for the notebooks using a 4x6 rounded corner die (monotony factor = 7).  And you can't have a set of fancy notebooks without some frivolous pens!  I made  mine from some straws which I stuck pen parts into.


The covers of the notebooks were made by using a paintable Prima 4x6 card as the background, then I added a tag, then I stuck some adorable Prima matchboxes on top (which can still open if you need to leave a secret message).  I added a folded inked Prima flower as the topper to my matchboxes.


Most of the products I used came from one of my all-time favorite Prima lines: Garden Fable.  I adore the pastels and whimsical sketches.

Here are the supplies I used that you can find at Simon Says Stamp:


I'm always looking for clever home decor ideas, so I can't wait to see what you come up with!  Upload your creations to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog for your chance to win a $50 to Simon Says Stamp.
https://www.simonsaysstamp.com/
https://simonsaysstamp.com/
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/

21 comments:

  1. I also adore those notecards (it's nice to see them up-close in your great photos) and your notebooks are almost too pretty to use. Eye-candy factor = 10.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh these are so pretty Andrea! they would make fabulous gifts too! the colours and details are gorgeous :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute notebooks. I love the soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are the PERFECT gift idea! I love the little hidden matchbox pouch - so clever! And the perfect way for all those budding spies out there to leave secret messages. ;) Gorgeous makes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrea, those are soooo adorable!!! Love it, so so perfect as gift idea!!! Love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is one spiffy little tin, I do believe that word is under used...#bringingbackspiffy. What fantastic notebooks, love the colors and that stamped image, very cool! And of course your home made straw pens, you are the clever one!!! As always, loooooove your work! xo~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun project, Andrea! I love the dimensional elements!!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You go, chick! While you were doing cool stuff with your cinch, I, too, was cinching... Testing manuals. WEAK. you win. You built the pens? Fo' real? You freaking rock. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Andrea, what a great idea! We always need a place to keep brilliant ideas, and I love that you made a his and hers! BTW, how is he liking his frivolous pen?

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are really enchanting, Andrea! Oh those lovely pens and matchboxes. Have I told you before I adore your Italian name ?;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Who wouldn't love something this beautiful on their desktop! What a great idea and I love the colors. These would make beautiful gifts, too. Awesome! Cathie <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. So wonderful Andrea, not sure which I love more, the matchbooks or the straw pens or those wonderful flowers! Thanks so much for sharing them, Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a fabukous idea Andrea...this Miss Memory definitely needs this...love the beautiful papers and the uber cute matchboxes...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a beautiful creation, Andrea. Great gift idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohh wow, Andrea! This is gorgeous. Love the basket and the notebooks are fabulous! The pens are amazing! So fun! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great and wonderful project! The basket and notebooks are both stunning, your color palette works so well with Prima Products! it's a beautiful mix! barbara

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is beautiful, I love the romantic look of this set. Great colors and patterns. Love it. Hugs, Marzena

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another fabulous and creative idea and another wonderful project ~ full of fun, colour and beauty! These are gorgeous, Andrea...just gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are so beautiful Andrea! I don't know if I ever saw more beautiful notebooks. The matchboxes was a brilliant idea and I love the pattern you picked for the covers. And the folded text flowers.

    ReplyDelete