Monday, May 23, 2016

My Other Creations: Wish Catcher Altered Tin

It's another Monday and that means another fabulous challenge theme over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog.  This week's theme is, "Make a Wish."  I got to thinking about how wishes are made such as on shooting stars or with pennies thrown into a fountain.  But with all of that wishing going on all over the world,  I started hoping that nobody's wishes fell through the cracks.  That gave me the idea to make a Wish Catcher who would scoop up any stray wishes that might've gotten lost.  And why not make her retro-trendy-classy, too?  Here she is:


http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
The Wish Catcher girl is from Tim Holtz's Found Relatives-Occasions card sets and I covered her dress with Washi tape.  I made her wish-catching net out of wire, tulle, and tinsel twine.  The tin is a mini bread loaf pan that I found at a thrift store.  I sanded it, then painted the outside pink and the inside teal using Gesso, Distress Paint and Dina Wakley acrylic paint.  The city scene is made from a fabulous stamp set called Urban Scribble, which I colored with Distress Ink and layered.  The side panel features a great typewriter image from Kaisercraft's My Year, My Story stamp set and I also added some Tim Holtz Symphony Washi tape.  I made wheels for the city scene out of spools, Bingo game pieces and Reverse Confetti's Swirly dies.  The "wish" words are from Paper Smooches' Chart Toppers stamp set.

These are the supplies I used which you can find at Simon Says Stamp:


The theme of wishes is such a magical one and I can't wait to see what you come up with!  Upload your creations to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog for your chance to win a $50 voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store.

https://www.simonsaysstamp.com/
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
https://www.simonsaysstamp.com/
  

16 comments:

  1. LOVE this Andrea, so imaginative and creative! a wish catcher!! she looks like she might have caught my wish to win big at bingo (even though I never play haha) the whole design of this is brilliant! :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing, Andrea! It's so creative and the net catching wishes is absolutely genius! Love it!!! Cathie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my favorite images from the Found relatives set. She looks so cute with her fab dress and wish net.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha!! A wish catcher?! I LOVE IT! How clever!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are just amazing... I always think of the colorful contents of your brain playing out of your head like... i don't know... music or something, and enveloping your hands in magic to create these incredible micro-masterpieces. This is my fave yet, I think...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are soooooo creative! She is fabulous with her head scarf, washi tape dress and wish catching net! THIS is magical! Love it! Oh and if you catch any of my lost wishes feel free to pass them along, they tend to deal with lottery numbers lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. amazing and uber creative Andrea...your wish catcher is definitely trendy and very classy...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea Andrea!! I love your wish catcher!! And the backdrop with the city and the very clever wheels, is just perfect. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Andrea, you are so clever and creative! This is a wonderful take on the theme, I just love your wish catcher!! What a way to use a tin, and those wheels - amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Andrea this dress catch my heart! I love it, your project is wonderful, your palette so fantastic, I love your works! you are a creative mind! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute and fun, I love the lady in her polka dots dress! The wish catcher is an amazing idea, I should make a one for my wishes :-) Hugs, Marzena

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your beautiful and fun design, Andrea. You are so talented and always so creative. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is super excellent retro trendy classy good. And I am not just saying that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so fun, Andrea! Love the dress up lady with the net. You're always full with amazing ideas! Love it! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete