Monday, March 20, 2017

My Cards and Tags: A Tribute to Paint

Layer it Up is this week's theme at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog.  I made a trio of textured tags celebrating all things paint-y!


I started these tags out on Strathmore Mixed Media paper (my go-to paper anytime I know things are going to involve paint).  I cut the tags using Tim Holtz's Sizzix Tags Collection die set.  I painted streaks of color in the background using Dina Wakley heavy body acrylic paint.


I used an old book page and Tim Holtz's frameworks dies to form some texture in the background, then I painted over everything with a thin layer of white paint.  When the paint dried, I felt like they were looking a little too pale, so I went back in and added some color using Distress Ink that I sponged and smeared on to different areas.


Next I added some fabric scraps and some paint brushes.  I always have a few cheap paint brushes in my stash for projects like these.  I cut the handles shorter and then I wadded some embroidery floss around the tops of the paintbrushes to replicate the look of dripping paint.  I added sentiments I cut from an old children's book, did some random stamping here and there and I was done!


Here are the supplies I used that you can find at Simon Says Stamp:

I know you all can layer it up in bold and beautiful ways, so be sure to upload your creations to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog for your chance to win a $50 voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store!


23 comments:

  1. Your tags are so cool, Andrea! I love how you used the embroidery floss for dripping paint. Genius! The colors, as always, are so soft and pretty. Love it!

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely, the layers and the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous tags Andrea! The embroidery floss and touches of fabric are super too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these beautiful tags, Andrea. The colors and those layered embellishments are just so fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I gad to stop by and tell you how wonderfully unique these are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is too funny! Your ideas are blowing my mind. LOvely pastel colors, as always. Hugs, Marzena

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another lift to the heart visiting your blog - these are just lovely. Light, playful, joyous.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I could paint! lol Fantastic tags, love the addition of the paint brushes. So fun, so fresh so artsy....so YOU! Love these!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous tags Andrea :-) I love the colours and details, the paintbrushes and floss look awesome and the text is fab! LOVE them :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful tags, Andrea! I think these would be great to attach to an art gift, especially if it was for painting. I can see you have a lot of painting to do, LOL! hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool tags, Andrea! I love the use of string to signify paint coming from the brushes :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you used embroidery floss with the paint brushes!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how you added fabric and brushes in your tags! the colors are stunning as ever and as you know I like them! great project! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  14. What gorgeous tags, Andrea! As always the colours are beautiful and I love how you've used the brushes to create dimension and the addition of fabric creates such depth...love them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the idea Andrea, the way you made these tags. Can't get my eyes of them because there is so much to see.

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are wonderful Andrea and I love the idea - and of course the words you included. How clever to use embroidery floss as paint! Gorgeous colours.

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow...a trio of painted beauties...love how you added the brushes and the floss...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful! As always. Enjoyed your work in print! Saw you were a winner in the Stampington email too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your paintbrush tags, they are so lovely, I also am so glad I came across your blog, you are a very talented lady! I am a fan of your wok!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These tags are amazing, Andrea, love the three colors and the paint brushes are such a fun element. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete