Monday, July 17, 2017

My Other Creations: Quote Blocks

"Get in Shape" is this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge theme.  Fortunately, that does not involve doing lunges and push-up's (unless you want to incorporate that).  The theme really means to create something in a 3D shape, for example.  I made these quick and easy quote blocks, which are a great alternative if you're running low on wall space.



I kid you not about these things being quick and easy.  I pulled some wooden blocks from my stash and cut out patterned-paper squares, which I glued to the blocks.  It's even easier if you have square punches that fit the size you need.  Once I glued the paper on, I blended the paper edges into the blocks with white paint.



I typed up some of my favorite quotes using my We R Memory Keepers typewriter and glued those on to my blocks.



All the patterned paper I used coordinated so that I could display these all in one "power tower" or individually here and there.  These make great gifts, too, and I plan on giving some of these to my friends (hint: you can usually find out some of your friends' favorite quotes by stalking them on Pinterest)!



Here are the supplies I used, which you can find at Simon Says Stamp:

So how will you inspire us in a shapely manner this week?  Upload your creations to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog for your chance to win a $50 voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store!



20 comments:

  1. Love your quote cubes, lovely idea and I love the fresh colours too. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazing, Andrea! I love the idea of quote blocks and the paper you used is so pretty. Love them!

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the sentiments you made on the typewriter ad all teh colors and patterns which are behind them. Great idea!. Hugs, Macarena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these quote boxes Andrea! a very lovely original idea and I love the papers and designs, I think I need a typewriter too now!! :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brilliant idea, Andrea ... fabulous papers and detailing on all these little blocks ... and such read-worthy quotes! So inspiring ... and added to my list of things to try, thank you! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the quotes and the fun patterned paper you chose! Great job, Andrea! : )

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a fanatic about quotes and of course these artsy blocks SO speak to me. Wonderful colors and patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab, Andrea! Great idea to use friends' faves for gifts! Sneaky-sneaky!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great ideas Andrea. I love Pres. Eyring's quote. Thanks for sharing. ~~rita

    ReplyDelete
  10. Andrea, these are the coolest! I love the simplicity and artsy vibe! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, these are fun, Andrea! You totally went down your self described Lit-Nerd path with these :) Love the wonderful quotes you found, and I am guessing each one will fit the person who receives it. hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a great idea Andrea...perfect for 'last minute' gifts...the 'Pinterest-stalking' made me chuckle!!! Awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a fun and brilliant idea, Andrea. Love the soft beautiful colors and those great sentiments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. who wouldn't love to receive one of these beautiful blocks as a gift and I love the sentiments you used...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. As always, you come up with such clever and unique ideas for your projects and this is just wonderful...I really do love every single detail and adore the fact you've used the quotes on each block ~ perfection! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I, too, appreciate the wisdom in words and these pretty little blocks are a clever way to share them. Mr. Bartlett would be so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a cool idea! It would really be a great gift for a friend! You gave me inspiration!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ah-mazing & super cool as always Andrea. The other day my friend & I were talking about what we could do to encourage our kids to get inspired by the poets that we loved and you've given me the perfect solution. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely a cool idea! I love to see how your creative mind works! The result it's always a feast for the eyes! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  20. Andrea, I missed this one. I am so touched by these! Such beautiful sentiments and so sweetly decorated!

    ReplyDelete