Monday, July 24, 2017

My Cards and Tags: Grateful Girl

This week's Simon Says Stamp Challenge is all about edges!  I made an edge using flowers and stitching to add a bit more oomph to my Grateful Girl card.



I started by drawing a girl's face and torso, which I colored with black and white stripes.  I set her aside and worked on the background.  I stamped a piece of Strathmore Mixed Media paper with Tim Holtz's Halftone and Rings set and colored the circles with different shades of Distress Ink.  I blended the colors together with white acrylic paint and cut out a trellis shape and a ring to add more dimension.


I assembled my components and added some number stamping to the background.  I cut some flowers out of a Simon Says Stamp hydrangea die and added them to my girl's hair and to the edge of my card.


I finished it off by adhering it to a piece of polka dot patterned paper and creating an edge with stitching, flowers, a bit of washi tape and some diagonal stripe paper.

Here are the supplies I used that you can find at Simon Says Stamp:

How will you get edgy this week?  Be sure to upload your creations to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog for your chance to win a $50 voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store.



18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Andrea! I love that you drew your girl! I thought she was a stamped image! She is a stunner!! The colors look fabulous with her being left in black and white, a real eye catcher of a card! LOVE It 😍

    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, there's those beautiful bright colors and the girl is awesome!! Love this, Andrea.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely design! The bright colors you gravitate towards always make me happy :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors and layout! Beautiful card! ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! The girls is amazing! I was sure it was a stamp! I guess you should design a collection or two... Great crazy colors as always! Hugs, Marzena

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the whole summery feel of this and your girl is absolutely adorable Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bright background you created for your B&W girl, Andrea! You have mad drawing skills - love this drawing, and she really pops on those beautiful colors! hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely, lovely colours as always - and your little girl is adorable.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  10. As always, the colours you've used on the background are just wonderful and I love the way you've combined them with the black and white image, which works so well! Another fabulous piece of art, Andrea... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Wonder Girls are just that and I wish you continued success with your line of stamps. Your designs balance the appeal for the cookie-cutter consumer and the more original artsy types.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your beautiful card! Andrea. The colors and the image are so fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful project Andrea...you are one seriously talented artist...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your girls is fabulous, and the works you've created around her is wonderful, colorful and original!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ...another awesome project! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  16. very nice colors. like it. Thanls for the inspiraiton !
    Greets
    alexa

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely spectacular, Andrea. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so cute, Andrea, love the gorgeous background and the girl is so sweet, love your drawing skills! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete