Wednesday, September 12, 2012

My Other Creations: Snazzy Salt Shaker

I'm a fan of classic-cool objects (retro, simple, nostalgic and able to be purchased at a thrift store).  What better fits this category than the iconic salt shaker?  Love the knobby bulb-like shaker top and the simple lines of the square glass jar.  I thought this salt shaker (already nifty on its own) deserved a little oomph, a little something more.  And so I bring you my snazzed-up salt shaker:


I embellished this shaker using fabric that I inked, a bit of ribbon, some lace and a flower.  I adore the color combo of green, teal and pink with a little pop of red at the top.


As you can see from this angle, I created the fabric collage first, then simply wrapped it around the jar.  Easy, cheap, fast and a great way to take the look of your storage jars up a notch.  Grab some scraps and give it a try if you have bottles that need labeling (with the contents or an inspiring message)!  And just remember that salt shaker from the thrift store will thank you.