Monday, November 13, 2017

My Other Creations: Notebook using Dina Wakley's Scribbly Circles Stamp and Crate Paper's Carousel Collection

Our challenge theme this week at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog is to incorporate stitching- real or faux.  Apparently I like making notebooks because I ended up with one yet again!


I started out with a notebook I had in my stash that I wanted to revamp.  I gathered some pieces of patterned paper (the whimsical Carousel collection from Crate paper) and some Jane Davenport Washi tape.  My daughter's name starts with an E, so that letter is always among my faves!

I glued the patterned paper squares onto my cover, then added a lattice panel cut with a Kaiser die.  I smeared acrylic paint here and there, then I added some Washi tape girls down the side.

I thought I had too many focal points going on, so I toned down both my images with some white paint.  I added some Brusho crystals for some splatters of more intense color and let some of the color drip down the page.  I also stamped a sentiment (Impression Obsession stamp) over the letter E.

I added a frame component and stitched it on.  I also stitched some vertical lines here and there.  I glued some striped tents to the bottom corner of the notebook and bumped up the color with more paint.

I added some black into the mix and stamped around the edges of the cover with Dina Wakley's Scribbly Circles.  I filled some of the circles in with black paint.  Then I dug into my random word stash and decided on, "Remember beautiful things."

And of course, I fed my tab obsession by adding a few of those on the side.

Here are the supplies I used, which you can find at Simon Says Stamp:

How will you incorporate stitching into your projects this week?  Upload your creations to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog for your chance to win a $50 voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store!

17 comments:

  1. I do love every thing you've done along every step of the way! When you added the Brushos, did you have to spray? I only have Color Bursts and Magicals, but I'm thinking Brushos are the same... right? Love your colors, and the striped tents at the bottom really made me go "YESSS..." that nice high-contrast pattern! Have a great Monday, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello to the talented Mimi!! I always get a kick out of your witty comments! To answer your question about the Brushos- yes! I'm fairly certain they work the same as the other products you mentioned. I spray the paper first with a quick spritz or two then sprinkle just a tiny bit of the powder/granules onto the water. I watch how the color swirls and if I want the color to cover a larger area, I'll spritz again on top of the powder then let all the water drop down.

    If you want a well-priced fun alternative, you can also try Infusions powder from Paper Artsy. It differs from Brushos because half the granules are brown and half are the color you chose. Brushos don't have any dark or brown-toned granules mixed in. If you want dirty-grungy color, go with Infusions. I think you are already a master at color and spritzing anyway, but hopefully this info helps

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another gorgeous notebook Andrea, I am sure every surface in your home has a wonderful piece of your artwork resting on it! This is absolutely amazing!! love the background and the colours, very very beautiful :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your notebooks, Andrea, and this one is no exception. The colors are gorgeous as always and I love all the images you added to the background to make everything pop. I love the addition of the circus tents in the corner too.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely and cool! As always the explosion of colors steals the show. I love how you mix colors and patterns and add details I would never think they could be placed. Love your messy and crazy style, it's so unique and remarkable. Hugs, Marzena

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Definitely a winner, Andrea! I say keep making notebooks because yours are so cool! Love the bright colors, wonky stitching and contrast between color and those circus tents! Love it!! hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! I just love all the elements, amazing final product!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just amazing Andrea, so beautiful...it speaks to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what an amazing notebook! I love all the details you added and thee way you incorporated the stitching is beautiful 😁. Wishing you a great week! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally love the way you collage and the bright colors just make me happy! : )

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Once again, another stunning project full of detail, vibrant colours and layers and I LOVE that washi tape, I think I might be putting that in my basket very soon! The whole notebook is fabulous, Andrea... :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow what a transformation, you truly are the queen of layering colour and I need that washi tape too...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love love love this stunning creation, Andrea. The colors and the stitching are fantastic! Great design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really admire your artistic talent, Andrea! Beautiful colors & so many interesting elements! Your sweet comment really made my day--thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I fall in love everytime I stumble upon your site, you are such an inspiration and this project is no less! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous piece, Andrea! Love the way you play with bright colors and the contrast of black and white elements, they are such a perfect combination! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete