Monday, February 21, 2022

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Art Journaling using Dina Wakley's Block Letters Stamp Set and Dylusions' Small Creative Journal

Oh boy, oh boy!  This week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge theme is art journaling!  I love fiddley-dinking around with a notebook and paint and scraps and glue.  Here's the page I ended up with:


I used my Dylusions small journal for this project and started by slapping down some white acrylic paint.  Then I sprayed the page with Distress Spray and paint and water.


While that dried, I got out some watercolors and a pencil and doodled and painted on another sheet of paper, like so:


When everything was dry, I tore my watercolor sheet into scraps and glued some of the scraps onto my painted journal page.


I blended things together a bit with more paint and sprinkled on some Infusions, then spritzed it with water.  I brought some shades of green and olive to the party and I stenciled on top of everything with stars and dots using white paint.


I got out my Dina Wakley Everyone is Welcome stamp set and stamped an arched window shape onto my page.  I only inked it lightly because I didn't want the whole image present.  I sketched it into sort of a bird cage instead of a window.


I stamped out the word "Stay" on a separate piece of paper using Dina's Block Letters stamp set.  I also stamped some text and tore off a few pieces of washi tape from Tim Holtz.  I chose the word "Stay" because I think it's an important word.  I feel like people think too many things are disposable these days, including values and relationships.  Things that root us can be mistaken for a cage or a prison sometimes, but I admire people that stay the course and remain true to things that matter.


I glued my "Stay" to the page, along with the text scraps and it was done!


Here are the supplies I used that you can find at Simon Says Stamp: