Monday, May 20, 2024

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Art Journal Page using Dylusions Small Creative Journal

"Let's Art Journal" is this week's theme over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog.  I reached from my Dylusions Small Creative Journal and got to work!


I started by sticking down some washi tape, which helps me at least have SOMETHING on the page so that all that blank space isn't so intimidating.  Then I shook on some Infusions color stain and spritzed that with water.


While that was drying, I made a page of random stamping and stenciling, which I would then tear up and add to my art journal page.  I used Tim Holtz's Bubble Stencil, as well as his Halftone and Rings stamp set and his Sideshow stamp set.


I did a little stamping on my art journal page, then tore up my collage paper and glued pieces of that to my art journal page.


Next I sketched out some leaf-shapes and filled them in with more paint, Distress crayons, and collage pieces.  I added in some text scraps from Dina Wakley's ledger paper.  I drew a striped vase for the bottom of my leaves and added a scallop piece to the top of the vase.  I also flicked on some Dina Wakley Gloss Media Spray in Lapis and stamped some leaves onto my stem from Tim Holtz's Media Marks 2 stamp set.  I doodled some circles, then I typed the sentiment on a typewriter, cut it out, and glued that on.


My journal page was complete!  Here are the supplies I used that you can find at Simon Says Stamp:

I love to see art journaling, so please share your creations at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog.  You'll be entered to win a $25 voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store.