We are getting stitchy this week at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Yes - just incorporate any sort of stitching and you'll hit the challenge theme. I made some mini journal pages with stitched elements here and there.
I started with this mini notebook, which I made from chipboard and then bound. I collaged on both pages.Next I cut out a number 4 from Brutus Monroe's Grunge Type Creative cards as well as some circles (negative and positive shapes) from AALL & Create's Film Drip die set. I painted the circles and frames. I also tore out a scrap of patterned paper from Amy Tangerine's Paper Play book and sewed across it with my sewing machine.
I attached the 4 to my page and did some scribbling around it with Distress Watercolor Pencils.
Last week, I made some earrings that were made with fabric scraps. I decided to use some of those leftover fabric scraps and incorporate them into my pages. I glued some fabric onto the page on the left and sewed some fabric scraps together for the page on the right. I attached my little fabric scrap bundle with a loop pin.
On a secret project disaster sidenote here, notice how the 4 is totally ripped and wrinkled in the finished project versus how it was in the previous photo. I had glued it on crooked and it was driving me nuts, so I tried to rip it off the page and re-glue it. But the glue won and I ended up with a bit of a ripped mess that I had to try to piece back together. But it all worked out in the end!
Here are the supplies I used that you can find at Simon Says Stamp:
- AALL & Create: Film Drip Die Set
- Tim Holtz THMM113 Dot Stencil and Stamp Set
- Amy Tangerine's Paper Play Book
- Brutus Monroe Grunge Type Creative Cards
- Distress Watercolor Pencils: Set 2 and Set 3
- Tim Holtz Multi Collage Eclectic Elements Fabric
- Odile Bailloeul Festiva Fabric Bundle
- Tim Holtz Loop Pin
- Dina Wakley Paint









