Monday, February 6, 2017

My Cards and Tags: Using Simon Says Stamp's Hello Sunshine die

"Young at Heart" is this week's theme at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog and we're focusing on using Simon's own exclusive products.  I made an easy-peasy heart card with three, yes THREE, basic elements: hearts, a frame die-cut and a postcard.  Behold!


I usually have about a million layers of paper and paint and ink on a project, but I was pleasantly surprised at how simple this card was to make, yet I still think it looks fancy.  Here are the main components involved:


I started with the hearts.  I smeared Distress Ink onto white paper, then gave them some texture by adding texture paste through Tim Holtz's Bubble stencil.  But you could eliminate the texture paste if you want to make this card even faster!  

When the paste dried, I stamped hearts onto the textured paper using Simon Says Stamp's Roses for You stamp set.  I cut out the hearts.  Next I cut the die frame (Hello Sunshine by Simon Says Stamp) out of woodgrain paper from Simple Stories and put pink paper behind the "sunshine" word to make it stand out.  I did add just a little stamping (Bo Bunny's Stitches and some ink blots from My Favorite Things' Distressed Patterns set) along the horizon line of the postcard.  I glued all of my elements to a postcard (which I turned vertically) from Altenew's Reflections scrapbook kit.


I outlined the frame and some of the lettering with a black Sharpie pen and this card was done!  I absolutely love these postcards that come in the scrapbook kit and can't wait to find even more uses for them!

Here are the supplies I used that you can find at Simon Says Stamp:

Be sure to upload your love-able creations to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog for your chance to win a $50 voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store!



19 comments:

  1. This is fabulously fun and free Andrea!! Love it's vibrancy and carefree style. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Andrea! I love the colors and the way you created the background with the cityscape. Pure genius!

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally love this Andrea! the background looks awesome, love the vertical cityscape design, so creative, and the hearts are beautiful. the whole design of this is stunning!!

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WoW! This is perfect! The postcard itself is just amazing I was wondering how you painted it :-)The Altenew's kit seems to be beautiful with all those watercolor details. I love what you did with the frame and the hearts. Lovely and happy colors as always! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is fancy! Fancy and gorgeous! Love the polaroid die and your pretty, pretty hearts! Fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant! It may seem simple, but it pulls together in such an awesome way, Andrea! Love how the cityscape is sideways in your piece, and the frame and bubble hearts are fabulous! The stitching...oh yes! hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous design! Totally love this! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally gorgeous, Andrea! I love how you combine bright colors and texture!!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  9. fabulous! I can see you are a girl for those happy and bright colors -and so am I:)Super project!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is just wonderful - love the hearts and all your special touches! It all comes together in a beautiful project! Thanks so much for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous project, Andrea and I adore how you've combined the three elements to create such a gorgeous design! As always, I love the colours you've used and just love how you've pulled everything together perfectly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a gorgeous creation, Andrea. I really love the beautiful texture on the hearts. Such a great design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Creative, so creative Andrea! This work show me how your mind is an incredible source of ideas! love this work! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  14. it may have been easy-peasy but it's stunning as always...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is so cool Andrea! Great idea to turn the postcard on the side, and the hearts and frame are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous. But then you knew that!! Love those textured hearts. They look good enough to eat. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is fabulous, Andrea! I love every bit of it. The graphic funky style you have is amazing! Stunning! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this fancy tall card with so many beautiful colors! Loving the hearts too, Andrea!!!!

    ReplyDelete