Thursday, August 24, 2017

My Cards and Tags: Textured Card Using Whimsy Stamps' Honeycomb Pattern Die and Corrugated Cardboard

I'm excited to share another project using some fabulous products from Whimsy Stamps.  I decided to do some experimenting with die cuts and corrugated cardboard and this is the result:



I started off with Whimsy Stamps' Honeycomb die and a scrap of corrugated cardboard that I'd painted white.



I cranked it through my Sizzix Big Shot and the die cut through the cardboard beautifully.



I took a recipe book page to use as my background and smeared white acrylic paint on it.  I popped out some of the hexagons that were cut and glued the honeycomb panel to the background.


Next came the color!  I smeared on acrylic paint in light teal, yellow and green.  I splattered on some high flow acrylic paint in fluorescent pink.


I punched out a heart, traced it with a Sharpie and added a great sentiment from Whimsy Stamps' Handmade From Me stamp set.


This card was all about experimenting and I enjoyed seeing how the texture emerged along the way.  Three cheers for corrugated cardboard + die cuts!

Here are the wonderful Whimsy Stamps products I used:

Handmade From Me stamp set

Honeycomb Pattern Die


4 comments:

  1. Love the use of the corrugated card here - there's a simplicity about this which is really charming.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your style of creativity Andrea! This is another beauty- and now I must try corrugated cardboard in my machine and see if it works:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely beautiful, your use of color and creativity are always amazing. Love how you used the honeycomb die! Thanks for being a Whimsy Stamps EXTRA special guest...we're SO happy to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very you! Excellent results cranking that cardboard through the machine! And I'm over here trying to read the recipe 😂

    ReplyDelete