Thursday, August 24, 2017

My Cards and Tags: Textured Card Using Whimsy Stamps' Honeycomb Pattern Die and Corrugated Cardboard

I'm excited to share another project using some fabulous products from Whimsy Stamps.  I decided to do some experimenting with die cuts and corrugated cardboard and this is the result:



I started off with Whimsy Stamps' Honeycomb die and a scrap of corrugated cardboard that I'd painted white.



I cranked it through my Sizzix Big Shot and the die cut through the cardboard beautifully.



I took a recipe book page to use as my background and smeared white acrylic paint on it.  I popped out some of the hexagons that were cut and glued the honeycomb panel to the background.


Next came the color!  I smeared on acrylic paint in light teal, yellow and green.  I splattered on some high flow acrylic paint in fluorescent pink.


I punched out a heart, traced it with a Sharpie and added a great sentiment from Whimsy Stamps' Handmade From Me stamp set.


This card was all about experimenting and I enjoyed seeing how the texture emerged along the way.  Three cheers for corrugated cardboard + die cuts!

Here are the wonderful Whimsy Stamps products I used:

Handmade From Me stamp set

Honeycomb Pattern Die