Monday, October 9, 2017

My Other Creations: Tim Holtz Floral Folio

This week's theme at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog is to make anything other than a card.  That leaves a lot of choices and I figured I couldn't go wrong with a Tim Holtz folio re-vamp.


I glued on layers of patterned paper and a Bingo card I had in my stash to cover the folio.  I got the sentiment from an old book that was being discarded.  I stamped some text onto the corners of the folio using Ranger Jet Black Archival ink.  I painted white, yellow and teal onto the patterned paper.



I cut the succulent picture out of a magazine and glued it on top as my focal point (not sure who gets credit for this shot, but it is a great one)!  For the final step, I dyed some crinkle ribbon using Distress Stain and Distress Ink to tie my folio closed.

Here are the supplies I used, that you can find at Simon Says Stamp:


I am excited to see how you make anything but a card this week!  Upload your creation to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog for your chance to win a $50 voucher for the Simon Says Stamp store.

18 comments:

  1. ooh this is so pretty! what a fabulous folder!! this would make a perfect gift for a gardening friend to keep notes in! LOVE it :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is so cool, Andrea! This folio is going on my wish list after seeing your beautiful folder.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fresh, colorful and crazy as always. I love the mix of colors you use and what brave your projects are. Someday I will try that too :-) Hugs, Marzena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous folio, Andrea! The texture and colors are so you and so fabulous!!


    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so pretty and I love the spring-like colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, my heart is singing... La-la-la-love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful project!!! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the papers used, Andrea...the overall effect is stunning! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely Folio! The layering and soft effect you created with the gesso and pastel colours is so pretty 😁. Wishing you a Happy Friday and Weekend! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool revamp, Andrea! Are you using this to keep all your gardening info in, cuz I should do that. Then I would know where it all is, lol! Love your layers and colors, and always cool to use old books! hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  12. So, so beautiful and the colours are just divine...they are wonderful! As always, you've created such an amazing project and something that completely inspires me... :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. as always the way you use colors is a mix between magic and pure awesome! I love this project! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. wowzers what an amazing transformation of a folio folder with your usual attention to detail and fabulous use of colour...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this fabulous folio folder, Andrea! The layered embellishments and the colors are fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a super sweet and beautiful folder, Andrea! Love the soft colors and the layering! The colorful picture is such a gorgeous focal point! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  17. Incredible project! Folio is fantastic and you gave to this structure a new colorful life! barbara

    ReplyDelete