Monday, October 2, 2017

My Cards and Tags: Tim Holtz's Home for the Holidays die, Halloween Style

This week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is Dark Colors and/or Halloween.  We're also highlighting Tim Holtz products.  I'd just bought the new Tim Holtz Home for the Holidays die and was determined to use it, season be danged!!  The result?  A stylin' Halloween party-mobile!




I started out with Strathmore Mixed Media paper cut into a 4" x 6" rectangle, which I added Washi tape to.

I fingerpainted over the top with Prima Impasto and Dina Wakley acrylic paints, which is always very therapeutic.

It was looking a little too dark for my car silhouettes to stand out enough, so I added more white paint.  As that dried, I went to work on my silhouettes.  I used the car from Tim Holtz's Home for the Holidays die set, then cut some costumed characters out of his Trick or Treat die set and put them behind the wheel.

I added the "witching hour" sticker, made some bats flying out of the trunk and glued a "halloween" sentiment to the bottom.  To finish it off, I added some dots with Tim Holtz's Dot Fade Stencil and Ranger Jet Black archival ink.

Here are the supplies I used that you can find at Simon Says Stamp:

I'm excited to see your interpretations of our theme this week!  Upload your projects to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog for your chance to win a $50 voucher to Simon Says Stamp.

20 comments:

  1. LOL!!! Awesome card!!! Brilliant combination of Tim's different die sets!!! Love the vibrant colours in contrast with the black-grey area on the edges!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Andrea! I love how you used the halloween and Christmas dies together, very creative and so much fun! This reminded me of Harry Potter and Ron Weasley when they stole Ron's dad's car and got walloped by the tree LOL ( I am a Harry Potter fan, can you tell ;-))

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So crazy and cool. I guess Tim didn't even imagined such a use of this die when he created it. Love the vibrant colors as always and th bold deep black all around. The scene is so funny and not scary at all :-) Hugs, Marzena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, Andrea, this is so stinkin' clever! I love how you created such a fun scene with your usual amazing colors and if you could see the smile on my face and hear my giggles you'd know just how much I love it. It's AWESOME!

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Andrea! I bought the Home for the Holidays set recently and never thought to use the car for Halloween. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so funny. I smiled the minute I saw it. It kind of reminds of that scene in Harry Potter where Harry and Ron get to Hogwarts by flying car. It's a great tag made with a lot of imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so fun and so clever Andrea-love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the silhouette against the bright pops of color! Love this composition! : )

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mega cool!! Love the bright colors, especially those amazing greens, and that car is the best, I have to order it after seeing this! Like I said before, my imagination took me to the flying car in Harry Potter and the whomping willow. LOVE this!! hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful project! That new Tim Hotels holiday die is amazing and I enjoyed seeing how you used the Washi tapes as part of your design, thanks for the inspiration 😁. Wishing you a Happy October and Weekend! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fantastic, Andrea and I love how you've used the holiday die and combined it with the trick or treat die, it's just so...SO clever! As always, your use of colour is amazing and you've created another wonderful project! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it...you are amazing, mixing and matching those dies with your fabulous signature style to make a stunning spooky card and those witches are just so cute...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant fun, Andrea ... those silhouettes are fantastic against that fabulous riot of vibrant background colour ... so dramatic! I see I'm not the only one who thought of Harry Potter, the flying car and the whomping willow! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE the background and great job with the car!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun project Andrea! A Halloween party-mobile! So clever. I love all the colours in the background too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this beautiful and fun Halloween project, Andrea. The colors on the collaged background and the car silhouette are fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are able to keep your own unique bright use of color even when it comes to darker projects!!! I am in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super cool, Andrea! Love the washi tape background! And love how you've turned the car into something for halloween with the bats flying out of the trunk! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  20. Black shilouette is absolutely amazing! The contrast with your color palette is breathtaking! Wonderful job! barbara

    ReplyDelete