Monday, October 30, 2017

My Cards and Tags: Using Right at Home's Cozy Cardinal Stamp

Our theme this week at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog is, "All Creatures Great and Small."  I went with a cute little cardinal for my card:


I started by stamping my cardinal.  The stamp comes in different sections, so it's nice to be able to customize the different components of your bird.

I thought Dina Wakley's Splatter Girl image would make an interesting background, so I stamped it onto Strathmore Mixed Media paper using Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink.  I masked off part of the girl's face before stamping since I wanted to use it as an abstract shape only.  

Next I stamped on some circles from a Carabelle Studio printing texture plate.  These printing texture plates work fine as stamps, too (in my opinion).  The images will stamp backwards, but that didn't matter to me in this case.  I stuck mine to an acrylic block with double-stick tape and used it just like a normal stamp.

I smeared Distress Ink onto my circles, then punched a circular frame out of a cookbook page scrap.  I stamped and fussy-cut the Kindness sentiment (colored with markers), and fussy-cut the bird, too.  I also cut a section of foliage using a Simon die and a magazine page.  I laid all the elements out.

I made a party hat for the bird then glued everything on and softened a few areas with a bit of white paint.  I also stamped on some random sentiment words from Simon's Kind Flowers stamp set.

Here are the supplies I used that you can find at Simon Says Stamp:

I'm looking forward to how you celebrate all creatures great and small this week!  Upload your creations to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog for your chance to win $50 to the Simon Says Stamp store.

14 comments:

  1. So cool! Love this design and you're absolutely Queen of an Abstract Art. You can wear your crown proudly :-) The girl face stamps is stunning the same is the texture plate. Love your card! Hugs, Marzena

    ReplyDelete
  2. You create the most amazing colors, Andrea. I love that sweet little bird and the whole design is amazing.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the color and the design of your card...amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful, I love how cute the bird looks, and with your signature colors! I did not know there were "stamping plates" - for geli plates? - that you could also use as stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such a knack for using your materials in new and different ways. I always appreciate and admire your originality.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sweet little bird is adorable, especially with that fun hat, Andrea! I love the imaginative way you used the splatter girl stamp, who would know except you showed us! Your colors make me happy!! hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how bright and cheery this is-and oh what a clever use of the DW stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  8. FAB design, Andrea! I love the little birdie and party hat! :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore your cute cardinal card! The colours and layers you created are amazing 😁. Wishing you a Happy November! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a lovely and fabulous creation, Andrea. Love the cute image and those delightful colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, love...LOVE this project and that background is sublime! It's so clever how you've created it and it really does make such a fabulous impact to the whole piece! Amazing work as always, Andrea... :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Andrea, I just totally love this!!! You make this style seem so easy but it's totally hard for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Design of this piece is outstanding! I love so much how you 've incorporated Dina's girl in your background, stunning mix of colors and design! Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous piece, Andrea! Love the vibrant colors and the little cute bird is perfect! So cool. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete