Sunday, December 2, 2012

My Cards and Tags: Snow Card

Greetings my fellow crafters!  Today I wanted to try a new holiday color scheme that was heavy on the blue and celebrated the wonderful weather phenomenon of snow!  Here's the final result:


I've said it before and I'll say it again: this is my favorite time of year for stocking up on festive twigs and sprigs that I use on all sorts of crafty projects.  From cards to gift wrapping, I love the dimension that a little twig or a leafy branch brings.

For this card, the beautiful blue background paper is from those ever-clever designers at DCWV.  It was perfect to achieve the snowy look I was going for!  The background stripes and polka dot papers are from MME (love, love, LOVE), as are the decorative tape strips (washi tape, paper tape, trendy tape-- whatever you want to call it).  The snow text is from a vintage children's dictionary and the die-cut thread card is from Papertrey Ink, another favorite company of mine.  I filled a mini charm bottle with white yarn to mimic snow and wah-lah!  Instant snow card!


All in all, I must say that it has been a stellar holiday season so far in terms of seasonal paper!  Makes me all giddy inside to think of what other paper treasures will await us at this year's Scrapbook USA Expo!  It's coming up in March!!  Can you believe it?  I don't know about you, but I'm already saving my pennies and building up my muscles to carry home all that loot!  Can't wait!