Monday, September 4, 2017

My Cards and Tags: Simon Says Stamp Stamptember 2017 Picture Book Labrador- Die Diversity!


Ah, STAMPtember!  My favorite time of the year at Simon Says Stamp.  This week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge theme is about as easy as it gets: use a stamp!  And in celebration of some of the 2017 STAMPtember products, I made a tag using the fabulous new Picture Book Labrador die.


I know, I know.  Where's the dog, right?  When I got this die, I couldn't help but notice how cute and scallop-shaped the Labrador's torso was.  I wanted to experiment to see just how diverse this die could be.  I cut several dog shapes and trimmed down both the negative and positive shapes into some abstract designs to use on my tag.



With these shapes in mind as my focal point, I started on the background of my tag.  I dabbed some Distress Ink over Simon's Irregular Dots stencil.  Before the ink was dry, I smeared white paint down the tag, which picked up some lighter shades of the ink.



I added some streaks of teal, green and orange paint.



Next I colored around the edges of my framed u-shapes with a black Sharpie and stamped some of my favorite Simon images on the scallop shapes (I never get sick of the retro font from the "One With Nature" set)!



Next I glued on my pieces, added some black paint, then white paint on top of the black. 



I added some pink and teal drips of paint and also made a white scallop shape at the top of the tag out of some more of my die pieces.  I colored some Tim Holtz crinkle ribbon with Distress Stain to tie to the top of my tag and it was done.



Here are the supplies I used that you can find at Simon Says Stamp:


I can't wait to see all of your stamped creations this week and be sure to keep your eyes peeled for exclusive Simon products this month!  Upload your creations to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog for your chance to win a $50 voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store!

15 comments:

  1. Fabulous tag Andrea!! I love how you used the dog die!! very original and very clever!! the background and whole design of this is awesome!! :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely blowing my mind! You are crossing all the borders of my limited imagination. I would NEVER (but never) come up with the idea of such a use of this die. I received the same die so I know what I'm saying. This is out of this world just as it is your imagination and creativity. I don't know any other crafter having such a crazy ideas! You are absolutely special! Hugs, Marzena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well...this is so brilliant Andrea! Love this!!! Hugs xxx Simona

    ReplyDelete
  4. You, my dear friend, are brilliant!! I love, love, love how you saw this die in such a different light!! I will look at my cat die in a whole new way now! Awesome that you saw the shapes in the die rather than the image itself!! Your tag is awesome, letters, words and colors are totally you! Thanks for sharing your brilliant idea!! hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a brilliant design, Andrea. Love how you use this die. And the colors on this piece are fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so different and I love the idea. Wonderful way to use the die portions. I like this. Great tag.

    ReplyDelete
  7. genius way to use the die and of course I just love all the drippy color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl... you definitely remind me of an article in which Stephen Hawkings claimed to think in 13 dimensions! Excellent tag and always love the contrasting b&w.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is sooooooo fun!!!! Wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE how you've used this die in such an innovative way and created such a unique piece of art...this is just amazing, Andrea! Clever, clever...CLEVER! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those artsy arches - such a clever design.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  12. you are a genius my friend...only you could have used this die in such a fun and innovative way...love it...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow you are a GENIUS!!! a true GENIUS!!! love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like your ability to see beyond, imagine and create something new! Absolutely outstanding! As always I love your colors and the touch of black!Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so cool, Andrea! Love the way your creative brain works and see it in shapes like this! Gorgeous! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete