Monday, August 5, 2019

My Cards and Tags: Tag and Envelope Using Simon Says Stamp's Gift Card Envelope and Oh Happy Day Dies

Happy Birthday to Simon Says Stamp!  We're celebrating Simon products this week to go along with our birthday theme.  I made a tag and envelope combo using a few of my favorite Simon products.

I started by cutting out an envelope shape using Simon's Gift Card Envelope die.  Then I added a shape I LOVE, which are these little arches that you get when you cut the Simon Picture Book Labrador shape.  I know the arches don't look anything like a dog, but that's the beauty of repurposing die shapes.  The arches are the negative shape cut from around the Labrador's torso.  I cut them out of black Strathmore Mixed Media paper.

Next I smeared on some acrylic paint in mint green, blue and white.  I dripped on some hot pink (Brutus Monroe's Neon Aqua Pigment) and spritzed it with water.

While that was drying, I cut my Oh Happy Day tag, smeared white paint onto it over Simon's Falling Snow stencil, and added some acrylic paint.

I stamped, fussy cut and decorated a twig sprig from Inky Antics' Branching Out stamp set and added it to my envelope after coloring the edges black and adding some text scraps to the background.

I stamped a plaid design on the tag using The Stamp Market's Criss Cross Background stamp.  I added more color using acrylic paint and Prima Water Soluble Oil Pastels.  I splattered some more neon pink Aqua Pigment on my tag to finish it off.

Here are the supplies I used that you can find at Simon Says Stamp:

And be sure to submit your creations to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog this week because we're giving away not one, but TWO $50 vouchers to the store!