Monday, May 4, 2020

My Cards and Tags: Tag using Tracy Scott's Paper Artsy Stamps and Tim Holtz's Photobooth and Snarky Small Talk Stickers

This week's theme at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog is to spritz and splatter!  You don't have to ask me twice to do that!  We're also highlighting Paper Artsy products, so I used some stamps from the very talented Tracy Scott and also used some Paper Artsy Infusions color stain.  I finished this tag off with some Tim Holtz products.

I started with a tag that I cut using Strathmore Mixed Media paper and the Sizzix Stacked Tags die.  I smeared some white paint on it, then hit it with some Infusions color stain (Orange County, Lemoncello, Are You Cerise and Rusty Car), then spritzed it with water.

You never know what you're going to get with Infusions, so I like watching the colors mix and spread.  Infusions are unique because every color is mixed with a brown/walnut stain, so you get that grungy look and a lot of depth of color.

I dried my tag with my heat tool and then stamped some small circles on it using Paper Artsy stamps (Eclectica EM60) and Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink.  I also thought I'd bring some blue/green to the party, which I did using Prima Impasto Mint paint and Dina Wakley's Sky and Peacock paints.

More dry time (not easy for the impatient sort like myself) and I stamped another Paper Artsy circle stamp (Eclectica EM64) onto my tag, then outlined the stamped circles with a black marker and colored the insides of the circles with white paint.

I felt like this needed a little pow of pink, so I got out my Dylusions Tropical Sangria paint and dripped it on pretty heavy.  I sprayed it a little with water just to spread it out a bit. I also splattered on some Dina Wakley Gloss Spray in Olive.

I sprayed some Ocean-colored Gloss Spray on as well and ended up painting some yellow and green onto my white background circles.  When the background was done, I fussy-cut around a Tim Holtz Photobooth girl.  I glued her back onto the tag, but cut her photo background out and just left her head and the photo frame.  I made a little scalloped border using Tim Holtz's Salvaged Washi tape and of course, I had to make a crown-hat for her.  I finished this off with the perfect sentiment from Tim Holtz's Snarky Small Talk stickers.  I just felt like the sentiment matched the great look in this cute girl's eyes!  She looked like she could have a bit of spice to her.  I applaud spice when it is used wisely.

Here are the supplies I used, which you can find at Simon Says Stamp:


How will you spritz and splatter this week?  Upload your creations to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog so the world can rejoice in your creativity!  I always enjoy looking through the challenge entries!