Monday, May 11, 2020

My Cards and Tags: Tag using Tim Holtz's Funny Farm and Dina Wakley's Collage Collective

"A Dog's Life" is this week's theme at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog.  I made a patterned dog background using Tim Holtz's Funny Farm stamp set.


I started with a tag and a dog stamp!  I went to town stamping the dog image multiple times to create a pattern for my tag's background.


Then I thought, why not make them fluorescent dogs?  This was easily achieved using some Dylusions paint.

Next I incorporated some Seth Apter Izink Ice glaze, which is a paint/gel-ish kind of substance that you can swipe on to create gorgeous translucent layers of color.  I used Glacier Green and Greenland here, applied with a palette knife.

I wanted to add some bolder color around the edges, so I got out my Jane Davenport Mermaid Markers and some water and used some darker teals here and there.

Now it was TOO teal, so I went back in with some white paint to tone it down.  I stamped on some circles using Tim Holtz's Halftone and Rings stamp set and painted them white, then added in some green and blue and pink.  I also heat embossed some smaller dots onto my tag using Inky Antic's Tiny Houses stamp set and some white embossing powder.  I painted around the edges with some Paper Artsy Midnight paint.

And what to add for the focal point?  I flipped through my trusty Dina Wakley Collage Collective book and cut out some plant-looking shapes and glued them onto my tag.  Then I sewed around them with my sewing machine.  I also cut out some leaves in different colors to glue on top of the plant I'd already glued to my tag.

I glued on my leaves, did a little flick of Dina Wakley Night Gloss Spray and added a Tim Holtz "Love" Chit Chat sticker.  This tag was done!

Here are the supplies I used, which you can find at Simon Says Stamp:

How will you show your dog loyalty this week in the crafting world?  Upload your creations to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog so we can be inspired by your cleverness!