Monday, December 20, 2021

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Scrappy Notebooks using Dina Wakley's Collage Collective

PARTYYYYYY is this week's theme at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog.  Party, to me, in a crafty sense, is being able to let loose and have fun and not worry about perfection.  To that end, I created these three scrappy notebooks using a page from Dina Wakley's Collage Collective as a base layer.


Things get busy this time of year, so I decided to make the covers of these notebooks using one of Dina Wakley's collages.  That meant that I didn't have to start from scratch and that's a time saver!  Here's a picture of the printed collage picture I used, which is in Dina's Collage Collective 2, Volume 1.


I decided to tweak this collage with paint and pattern marks (not that I think I'm better than Dina Wakley, mind you).  I made the marks using Scribble Sticks and a black Distress crayon and I slathered on white paint using a palette knife.  Here's how it looked after I was done with it:


What to do next?  I decided to cut this up and make some mini notebooks.  I cut the page into thirds and stamped on some adorable little creatures from AALL & Create's Up Up and Away stamp set.


Then I stamped some text onto paper (courtesy of Tim Holtz's Theories stamp set) and tore up some patterned paper and leftover scraps from previous projects.


I decided to add some painted stars, which I made with white paint and Simon's Scattered Stars stencil.  When this was done, I glued the scraps onto the covers of my notebooks.


And now for the insides!  I stacked up scraps of random paper I had and punched holes in the middle using the Crop-A-Dile.  I used waxed thread to bind the pages together and bind the cover to the pages.

Here's how we were looking on the inside after assembly:


I sewed some fabric scraps into long narrow ribbon, which I tied around the books to keep them closed.  I also glued some fabric scraps to the covers here and there.  Here's a view from the front:


And a view from the back:


Here are each of them individually:




Here are the supplies I used that you can find at Simon Says Stamp:

:


How will you get the party started?  Upload your creations to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog for your chance to party with a $25 voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store!