Monday, May 16, 2022

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Add Some Texture using Altenew's Many Dots Washi Tape and Trinity Stamps' Slimline Tags Die Set

This week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge theme is all about adding texture.  I decided to crumple-stick some washi tape down and add lots of layered scraps to build this baby up!


I started by cutting out a long slimline tag shape using Trinity Stamps' Slimline Tags die and Distress Kraft Heavystock.  Then I took some Altenew Many Dots washi tape and tore and wrinkle-crumple-stuck it onto my tag.  Then I smeared some acrylic paint onto it.


It is rare that I totally trash an entire crafty project.  Even if I'm frustrated and don't like what I made, I'll tear a project up, but not throw it ALL out.  I'll keep the torn-up scraps that I like and use those on other projects.  That's what's I did for the next step on my folded-in-half tag.  I glued on some scraps from discarded projects as well as some patterned paper from Maggie Holmes' Market Square collection.


Then I added more paint, and stuck on a "happy" sentiment from AALL & Create's Vivre 23 washi tape.  I also glued on a black die-cut flower outline (Paper Rose Small Eucalyptus Stems).  A little more paint here and there and this tag-card-thing was done!


Here are the supplies I used that you can find at Simon Says Stamp:

What will you do to add some texture this week?  We always love to see your projects, so upload your masterpieces to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog to inspire others and have a chance at winning a $25 voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store.