Monday, June 12, 2023

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Masculine Tag using Waffle Flower Nesting Tag Dies, Studio Light Scallop Fun Die and Simon Says Stamp Circle Loops Die

We're going with a masculine theme this week over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog.  I made a tag, which features this dapper gent, by utilizing some of my favorite dies.


I started by cutting out a tag shape using Waffle Flower's Nesting Tags die set and Kraft Heavystock paper.  Then I slathered on some white paint.  While the paint was drying, I dug out my gel printing plate and some stencils and made some painty paper for the background.  Then I stamped and heat embossed a black and white scrap paper using embossing ink, Tim Holtz's Faded Type stamp set and white embossing powder.


Time for assembling!  I tore a scrap of the gel print off and glued it to the tag, then cut a circle/ring shape out of the black and white paper.  I added paint and grabbed this sailor guy image from Tim Holtz's Photobooth pack and layered everything together.


I made some yellow and navy circle color additions with Distress Crayons.  Then I used Dina Wakley's Scribble Sticks to add some reds and oranges.  I thought the tag needed more, so I cut a scallop shape using Studio Light's Scallop Fun die set and a ring using Simon's Circle Loop dies.  I colored a line pattern on the scallops using Scribble Sticks and smudged paint onto the circle shape.


I added some scallops to the tag and then glued the circle around the sailor guy's head.  I finger-painted some white dots on the background and threw in some scribbles.  I added some blacks and browns around the edges of this tag and it was done!


Here are the supplies I used that you can find at Simon Says Stamp:

Create something with our masculine theme and upload it to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog.  You could win a $25 voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store and we always love to see your creations.