Monday, April 1, 2024

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Tag using Simon Says Stamps' Mushroom Stems and Simple Flowers Dies

"Whatever the weather" is this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge theme and we're also focusing on using Simon projects.  Living in a desert state that also provides a ton of snow in the winter, I am very familiar with constantly-changing weather!  Just today it hailed, then snowed, then rained, then was sunny, then rained again all within the space of about 5 minutes.  So I decided to make my tag look a little chaotic, but focused on the sun (represented by the flowers) and rain (incorporated by a mushroom) for the nature elements.


I started by cutting and painting some simple flower shapes, along with a mushroom.  Both die sets are from Simon.  I had a dark brown watercolor-y background scrap I painted that I wanted to use for this project because it reminded me of dirt.  I also found a Tim Holtz photo booth picture to utilize.


For the easiest tag background in the history of the universe, I reached for Simple Stories' Color Palette Designer Tags kit and cut out one of the tags.  I really like this paper collection, so I also pulled in a piece of gingham patterned paper from the Color Palette 6x8 paper pad.


I glued and layered, added my mushroom behind my watercolor "dirt scrap", then added some more paint to blend everything together.  I added a scallop, some scribbling (I used Distress Watercolors for some of the scribbles) and doodled some polka dots to finish off my tag. 


Here are the supplies I used that you can find at Simon Says Stamp: