Monday, August 12, 2024

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Shine Notebook using Tim Holtz's Abstract Elements and AALL & Create's Letter Soup Dies

"Sparkle and Shine" is this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge theme.  I went with a notebook cover re-do:


I started by cutting out some Kraft Distress Heavystock in the same size as my notebook.  Then I cut out some shapes from the Sizzix Abstract Elements die set.

Next I painted both the notebook cover and the shapes with acrylic paint.  I also did some stenciling on the notebook cover using Dina Wakley's Dotted Tape stencil.

I glued my shapes onto my notebook cover and added more paint.

Next I cut out and painted some other elements.  The letters are from AALL and Create's Letter Soup die set.  I stamped some polka dots onto a piece of paper (the stamp is from Tim Holtz's Mixed Media 2 set).  I also cut out and painted a slide frame from Tim Holtz's Specimen die set.  I scribbled around the edges with Distress Watercolor Pencils and Dina Wakley's Scribble Sticks.

I glued all the elements to my notebook cover and added a few finishing touches.  I drew a crown type of border and wrote "You are gold, baby" in it.  I glued that to the top of the notebook and also glued on some patterned paper scraps.

Here are the supplies I used that you can find at Simon Says Stamp:


Also, we have our annual Simon Says Stamp Kids Summer Vacation Challenge going strong!  This is a special challenge dedicated to young designers and crafters.



The theme is Anything Goes.

It is time for all you crafters to let your children loose in your crafty corners for a few hours. Just close your eyes and set them free to explore their creativity. Adults are allowed to help just a little bit if necessary, but we really want the children to 'DO IT' themselves as much as possible.

This challenge is open to all children aged between 2 and 16 inclusive

We have not 1, not 2 but 3 surprise parcels of crafty goodies, hand picked by Simon. All winners are chosen at random, Good Luck to all!

Kids Summer Vacation Challenge