Monday, August 26, 2024

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Tag using AALL & Create's Intricatags

"Tag It" is this week's theme for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.  You just can't get better than tags, in my opinion.  They're a small palette that doesn't get TOO intimidating and the variety of tag shapes is vast.


This tag made quite the journey, so buckle up if you're trying to follow along at home.  I started with a tag cut out using AALL & Create's Intricatags die set.  I love these wonky edges.  I painted the tag white, then spritzed it with some Paper Artsy Infusions.  While that dried, I used embossing pens, white embossing powder and Dina Wakley's Dotted Tape stencil to make white dots on some colored paper.  I tore that up and glued it to my tag.


Next I added some paint.


I cut some black patterned paper from Art by Marlene's Postage Madness paper pack and added that around the edges.


I used paint and Scribble Sticks to make some colorful arches on the inside of the tag and included some ledger paper.  I painted the edges of the tag black.


I added more patterned paper from Postage Madness and made some patterned paper of my own using blue ink and Creative Expressions' Starburst stencil.  I also added some more text paper from Dina Wakley.


Next I went to work on the image for the forefront.  I cut around a headshot image from Tim Hotlz's Photobooth sets and cut a piece of gingham patterned paper from Simple Stories to put behind my girl's head.


I made a crown for my girl, painted some blue onto the frame, and typed a sentiment out on a typewriter that I cut and added to my tag.  I added a fabric scrap to the top for the tag's "string."  But when I looked at the finished product, I felt like it was too black for the look I wanted, so I ended up re-painting the tag edges, which you can see in the final picture at the beginning of this post.  I painted the edges white for a clean slate and then painted them green and turquoise.


Here are the supplies I used that you can find at Simon Says Stamp: