Sunday, December 13, 2015

Snapping Monsters Stamps: Birthday Girl

Happy Weekend, fellow crafters!  Here's a birthday card I made using the Snapping Monsters stamp set I recently released:


You know I'm a sucker for ink smudging, so that's what I did to the book-page background.  I smudged Distress Ink on with sponges, then stamped my girl on white paper.  I colored her with more Distress Ink and some Spectrum Noir markers, then fussy-cut her out.  I gave her a haircut and added a party hat, stuck her to my background, then added the sentiment and circled it with Prima wire thread.


I cut out some additional words from another book page with a larger font that were party-related and added them to my background, too.

Such a fun card and I hope that my friend will enjoy it for her birthday!

4 comments:

  1. This is such a cool card...LOVE it! All the elements...the ink-smudging, the sentiment circled with wire...the book-page background...are just fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I probably am a nerd too -- tend to shun the popular and go for the zanny. Let the party begin - I love your card!!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd want this card for my birthday! And your stamped girl's hair! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Love the haircut, love your signature brights!

    ReplyDelete